Nelly Furtado

General Music talk.

Moderator: manuel

Nelly Furtado

Postby SNIPERCAT » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Well, I met Perfume Music in a Forum from Nelly Furtado, then it's time to return the favor hehehe

Nelly furtado is my Favoryte Singer, She began her carrer in the year 2000 with the release of "Woah, Nelly!" wich included she song "I'm Like a Bird", she won a Grammy with this song. Her Style is the best, I don't think she has a deffined style, some of her songs sound like Pop, others like HipHop, others like R&B and in many languages, English, Portuguesse and Spanish

She was born in Canada, but her parents are from Purtugal, and she cans speak both languages, also when she was young, she had spanish classes and she like the langue. I think her first song in Spanish was "Fotografía" feat Juanes and in 2009 she released a Spanish Album and won a Latin Grammy with that album called "Mi Plan" :D

Probaly her best Album was Loose, wich included songs like Maneater, Promiscuous and Say it right.

And I'll stop writting and I will show you some of her songs.

Spirit Indestructible:
This one is new, was released today and is definetly a song that you have to watch.

Maneater
I became Fan of her with this song :)

Undercover
This is my favoryte song, it has not Video, but I like it so much

There are many other song, like Força, Try, turn off the light, Más, Mi Plan, Sueños, Promiscuous, Say it right and many more, but I'll post them later :)

If you don't know who is Nelly, I hope you give a try to some of her song.
World-P.T.A. Member # 643
Check our J-pop Dance cover Group OnGakuen
SNIPERCAT
Yokoso Japan
Yokoso Japan

Re: Nelly Furtado

Postby Perfume2 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:26 am

I like her songs a lot—! I've purchased Loose , one of her best album :P. I enjoy playing it often, it brings a lot of good memories.

I think her singing capacities are really high which makes her an incredible performer and entertainer like when she performed Bigger The Better at 2012 MMVAs. At first , I didn't liked the song but once she sang it live I really started liking the song :3.

I love her a lot , she's a real artist with a lot of talent :))
이 진 기
Perfume2
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby SNIPERCAT » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:45 am

I'm so glad to heard all that :D
Hey, you are from Canada :D

I didn't like Big Hoops the first time I heard it, but after play it some times, it gest adictive :P.
that song didn't had much popularity, that's why her next album will be in other date. but I hope this new Song, "Spirit Indestructible" gets all the attentinon it deserves, is a great song.
SNIPERCAT
Yokoso Japan
Yokoso Japan

Postby Perfume2 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 am

YAAYY -waves maple flag- xD

Me too I hope the promotions for her new album will go well :3 but I didn't heard her new song yet. I'll check is out ASAP. :P
이 진 기
Perfume2
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby SNIPERCAT » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Her new song is Spirit indestructible, yesterday was the release of the video, is the firts one I put in my post. and is a Amazing video, I'm sure it will be played soon in the Music Channels :)
SNIPERCAT
Yokoso Japan
Yokoso Japan

Postby Perfume2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:35 am

Just listened to it , ME GUSTA :P but I didn't saw the MV. I'll wait for the song to air on MuchMusic :))
이 진 기
Perfume2
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby SNIPERCAT » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 am

So glad to hear that you liked it :)
When you watch it in MuchMusic let me know it :)
I really love the lyrics of that song, it gives me energies to keep fighting and never give up...
And Perfume's Music Gives me Happyness Really, I've not been sad since two months ago when I started to listen them :)
SNIPERCAT
Yokoso Japan
Yokoso Japan

Postby Perfume2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:24 am

You're sooooo right :3 Perfume's music gives such a different feel. I feel like its music to follow you dreams— I whole Perfume will be more much known around Asia , Europe and the whole America :P They should extend their fanbase for us to feel closer to them :3

Nelly and Perfume are both good artists—! Wish them the best for future ;)
이 진 기
Perfume2
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby SNIPERCAT » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:49 am

Perfume2 wrote:You're sooooo right :3 Perfume's music gives such a different feel. I feel like its music to follow you dreams— I whole Perfume will be more much known around Asia , Europe and the whole America :P They should extend their fanbase for us to feel closer to them :3

Nelly and Perfume are both good artists—! Wish them the best for future ;)

Yeah!, Perfume's music is music to follow you dreams, specially after know the hard work the did to be where they are right know... I hope they get so popular in this parto of the world :P I'll help to that as I've helped to Nelly Get popular here, but it is a hard work u_u With the help of some friends we've worked in a Fan Club of Nelly Furtado, but there are not many people who likes Nelly, or at least doesn't like enough to be Fan...

I hope it be different with Perfume, I also created a group for Perfume in Colombia, but I fell I'm Alone here u_u after the release of Spendig All my Time, I'll share it with the hope that many people likes her music :D
SNIPERCAT
Yokoso Japan
Yokoso Japan

Postby Perfume2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Same here—! Sometimes I feel like there's no canadian Perfume fan here :( but at least I like connecting with other fans around the world :3 Please extend P.T.A >_< but anyway,,, Good luck with your Nelly Furtado fan club :D I don't think I can help , I'm in Canada >\\\\<... Also, don't worry, I'm sure your fan club will extend after Spending All My Time release :)
이 진 기
Perfume2
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby SNIPERCAT » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Yeah, fortunately we have this site, we don't feel alone in the Perfume world :P I know we only need that Perfume's music sound in the radio and/or Music Channels, and then they would be so popular here.

Well, yoiu could help us wen we need people to vote for Nelly XD
SNIPERCAT
Yokoso Japan
Yokoso Japan

Postby Perfume2 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 pm

It would be so cool if their MVs broadcasted in North and South America ... I wish to see Spring of Life at TV =^•w•^=

An for Nelly, definitely count me in :3 I'll be glad to help ~ x3
이 진 기
Perfume2
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby SNIPERCAT » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:56 am

This is the most dance performance I've seen from Nelly Furtado and the intro reminds me a lot of Budoukaaaan!!! Opening :P
It is in Low Q u_u but still looks Great. Hehe, I Mentioned that The performance reminds me to Budoukaaan Opening and let a Link in a forum form Nelly :P maybe some one watch it and became a Fan of Perfume :P

SNIPERCAT
Yokoso Japan
Yokoso Japan

Postby glitterandspice » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:10 pm

I love the sound of Spirit Indestructible. Its so epic and empowering. I remember her from all the way back to I'm Like a Bird. I can't that song is like 11 years old. I feel old. I am so happy she is still going.
glitterandspice
Endless journey
Endless journey

Postby lype91 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:12 am

I like when she sings in Portuguese. She has cute songs :3
lype91
Indies Member
Indies Member

Return to Non-Asian Music