Why hate asian music?

Chinese, Korean, Thai,...

Moderator: manuel

Re: Why hate asian music?

Postby XxPerfumeFaN95xX » Sat May 01, 2010 11:36 pm

nitori1134 wrote:I wanna know, why do people hate asian music so much?

Gosh, i really hate when people act like that :mad: . The people at my school always make fun of it, always saying "oh lord, ching chong music".... I just...ah i hate it ! :x I mean, i'm not telling them to listen to the music, but it's freakin annoying! Don't freakin listen to it if ya gonna make fun of it. I feel left out cause i'm the only one that really listens to asian music! 20% of my friends listens to boring old hip hop all day :bleh: Like, it would'nt hurt to to at least try asian music :roll:
whoo, I think that's enough ranting for today
Forever Perfume! Image
I <3 you eternally
XxPerfumeFaN95xX
Twinkle smile
Twinkle smile

Postby Fastest-Lucas » Fri May 07, 2010 10:31 am

XxPerfumeFaN95xX wrote:

Gosh, i really hate when people act like that :mad: . The people at my school always make fun of it, always saying "oh lord, ching chong music".... I just...ah i hate it ! :x I mean, i'm not telling them to listen to the music, but it's freakin annoying! Don't freakin listen to it if ya gonna make fun of it. I feel left out cause i'm the only one that really listens to asian music! 20% of my friends listens to boring old hip hop all day :bleh: Like, it would'nt hurt to to at least try asian music :roll:

That's life. People judge/hate what they don't know. If you're different, you should be thankful.
My Fan-Made Edge Music Video
My Fan-Made Edge Extended Mix Music Video
My Fan-Made Edge Triangle Mix Music Video [??????????]
Fastest-Lucas
Dream Fighter
Dream Fighter

Postby FLASHoko » Fri May 14, 2010 11:19 pm

the thing that i have noticed is that actually the only people of my friends that actually like it /don't mind it are the musically talented all of my friends who are in band and are music crazies think its good.
another thing is i think the human voice singing can't only be telling a story through song but in a sense it is also an instrument. capsule has shown me this in how beautiful a voice can be that when listening to toshi sing in can i have a word i never heard her saying "can i have a word" but when i finally found it i noticed i thought it was an instrument. :love:
FLASHoko
at the edge
at the edge

Postby BITCHFACE » Sat May 15, 2010 4:31 am

me being a western so cal guy, i too at first was alittle embarrased for listening to perfume, capsule.
But once you get over the fact of its foreign and just listen to the music, I began to really see how great this music is. Now i hate US hiphop/pop ie: britt spears rhianna. But I have grown a taste for the kpop jpop groups, namie amuro, t-ara, son dam bi. even NEWs hehe very little tho :)
Anyway point is, I jsut think in general the asian music has more thought and seems to take you on a ride thats jsut perfect. It's like a bowl of ramen(sorry for the asian analogy, I love ramen too :) )
But a good bowl will have all the correct elements and they will be placed so appealing. Thats how i view asain music over american. I love electronic music mostly so , all thsi kpop jpop is really a new found love for me.

side note, yeah i dont push my asian music on people btu im definitely not embarrassed anymore to post on Facebook :)
BITCHFACE
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby Aira x MEG » Wed May 26, 2010 6:20 am

That's really rude to say that about The Millionaires and not just because I know them in person, but because they aren't trying to be famous or trying to be real musicians, they're just doing songs for fun. Calm down, don't like it? Don't listen to it. Just like people who don't like asian music will skip it and not sit there and bash it.

☆ - - All I need is a fatty blunt.

Produced by terukado.
Aira x MEG
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen

Postby Aira x MEG » Wed May 26, 2010 6:22 am

BITCHFACE wrote:me being a western so cal guy, i too at first was alittle embarrased for listening to perfume, capsule.
But once you get over the fact of its foreign and just listen to the music, I began to really see how great this music is. Now i hate US hiphop/pop ie: britt spears rhianna. But I have grown a taste for the kpop jpop groups, namie amuro, t-ara, son dam bi. even NEWs hehe very little tho :)
Anyway point is, I jsut think in general the asian music has more thought and seems to take you on a ride thats jsut perfect. It's like a bowl of ramen(sorry for the asian analogy, I love ramen too :) )
But a good bowl will have all the correct elements and they will be placed so appealing. Thats how i view asain music over american. I love electronic music mostly so , all thsi kpop jpop is really a new found love for me.

side note, yeah i dont push my asian music on people btu im definitely not embarrassed anymore to post on Facebook :)

I'm a So-Cal guy too and I have no clue why you'd hate US Pop, they're the queens. I for one like all types of music, I'll listen to Perfume (before they sucked), Aira Mitsuki <3, MEG, AYUSE KOZUE, but then I'll listen to Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Khia, Trina. And sometimes I feel like The Devil Wears Prada, Dr. Acula, and iwrestledabearonce.

I'm not embarassed of them either, I just choose not to have to answer "OMG WHY IS THERE ASIAN MUSIC ON UR IPODZ" when I let somebody listen to it. So I keep it hidden. Sucks, but it's how things have to be ran.

Produced by terukado.
Aira x MEG
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen

Postby FLASHoko » Thu May 27, 2010 3:48 am

^ simple question why are you on perfume city if you really can't stand them ? (i dont get it) :hm: :(
FLASHoko
at the edge
at the edge

Postby Aira x MEG » Thu May 27, 2010 6:24 am

FLASHoko wrote:^ simple question why are you on perfume city if you really can't stand them ? (i dont get it) :hm: :(

When did I ever say I can't stand them? I said I like them "before they sucked".
Am I not allowed to join and conversate about old Pafyumuu?

Produced by terukado.
Aira x MEG
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen

Postby A~Chan♥ » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 am

IKD ewhy...my "friend" said

[QUOTE=Joe]You have betrayed the good hearted British for quack stupid chinks[/QUOTE]
A~Chan♥
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby brayanaustin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:03 am

Still shows some really weird happens. Also, when a man does something crazy and never had a relationship with Japanese amine or video game that's all people see. those feelings then carry the music. and just to end my short speech, America is our communication open to all races and cultures, but we often forget this brand and that people are mad because they are not like us. that's all I have.
Last edited by brayanaustin on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
brayanaustin
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Postby koy+ » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 am

WHATT>?!
thats impossble
asian music is awesome
although i do admit we lack
some good rock songs
papercorona.blogspot.com
koy+
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Postby adorableyuu » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:20 am

Aira x MEG wrote:
FLASHoko wrote:^ simple question why are you on perfume city if you really can't stand them ? (i dont get it) :hm: :(

When did I ever say I can't stand them? I said I like them "before they sucked".
Am I not allowed to join and conversate about old Pafyumuu?

no you are not. please go away ty. c:
adorableyuu
Digital Member
Digital Member

Postby PanicStrawberry » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:35 am

Some people hate Asian music just because of how the LOOK. "He looks gay, why does he have long hair?" So they judge before even listening to their music. Which is sad, may it be, Asian hip-hop, pop or rock.
Nocchi as a sheep: "Beehhehh."
PanicStrawberry
Loving You
Loving You

Postby MOE_IN_SPACE » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 pm

PanicStrawberry wrote:Some people hate Asian music just because of how the LOOK. "He looks gay, why does he have long hair?" So they judge before even listening to their music. Which is sad, may it be, Asian hip-hop, pop or rock.

Most of them do look gay though. But America is so much more homophobic than Asia it appears, so that's probably why.
MOE_IN_SPACE
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen

Postby GuGuji » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:28 am

I detest those who hate asian music. :mad:
NO reason for them to hate the great music!!
GuGuji
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby vocaloidgirl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 pm

nitori i guess you're right, they just dont wan to knwo about other types of music. like when i first told my friends i listen to jpop kpop and tiny bit of cpop they were like wtf? and then i showed them some songs and they're like omg! its awesome this that so yeah maybe they just think asian music is like nerdy or something =,= ugh
perfumeee~♪
vocaloidgirl
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Postby mollytae » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:43 pm

my friends hate it because they can't understand it =.= & they say it's too cute.
i'd rather listen to music i can't understand than rappers singing about getting drunk and doing drugs.
and plus, since when can music be 'too cute'? :L
mollytae
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby Silentryuu » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:47 pm

I for one LOVE asian music, being an Asian myself I suppose it's easier to accept and give it a chance. I always figured music is music, no matter what language it is sung in but it all holds the same language of notes, melodies, moods and other such musical lingo I've forgotten XD

I remember once I had a J-Rock song play in my car and my buddy asked me, "How can you listen to it if you can't understand the words that they are saying?" My answer was: I listen to the song as a whole and don't really pay attention to what they are singing. Then he went on to say that, I need to know what they are saying in order to enjoy it. *sigh* Oh well. To each his own.
Silentryuu
Electro World Inhabitant
Electro World Inhabitant

Postby [Pao] » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:33 am

XxPerfumeFaN95xX wrote:

AMENNNNNNNN!!!!!

I just wanna take this post right here, and put it in the bible.
OHMYGOODNESS.
you just spoke the truth
Hallelujah there are still sensible people out there! xD
:love: :love: :love:
Check out my Perfume/capsule fan comic Paouwaii~!
http://perfume.ekuseru.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5251
[Pao]
Hear no evil
Hear no evil

Postby SilentRhythm » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:27 am

they're racist? LOL

or maybe cuz they think asian songs are lame...
SilentRhythm
Indies Member
Indies Member

PreviousNext

Return to Asian Music