Kara!!!

Chinese, Korean, Thai,...

Moderator: manuel

Re: Kara!!!

Postby kashiyukas_Snake » Wed May 04, 2011 4:53 am

320x200 wrote:I only know of a couple bands from Korea, but I was noticing that when they include english lyrics, to my ears they don't have an accent at all really. So, I was thinking maybe there's something similar between Korean and english. If there was then maybe the accents would sound similar to people from other countries.

It could just be a coincidence. Hmmm, now that I think about it more, there's a lot of different english accents so someone from Australia or England or even another part of the US listening to the same Korean groups would probably hear an accent...

I agree, the English at the beginning of Lupin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpQWfyOOZqA) in particular sounds very natural to me.
kashiyukas_Snake
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby taka02 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:30 pm

kashiyukas_Snake wrote:I agree, the English at the beginning of Lupin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpQWfyOOZqA) in particular sounds very natural to me.

But you can't judge Korean people's English pronunciation by listening to Nicole. Because she was born and grew up in the U.S.!!
Come to think of it, isn't it possible that many K-pop singers pronounce English lyrics correctly because many members of K-pop groups are actually from America? KARA's Nicole is one of them, and Tiffany and Jessica of SNSD, Amber and Krystal of f(x), Kibum of Super Junior, Yuchun of TVXQ, etc. Management companies in the K-pop industry hold auditions around the world so many K-pop singers are not from Korea.
taka02
Twinkle smile
Twinkle smile

Postby 320x200 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:51 pm

taka02 wrote:Come to think of it, isn't it possible that many K-pop singers pronounce English lyrics correctly because many members of K-pop groups are actually from America?

That's probably it. 2ne1's english doesn't have an accent either to my ears, and looking up the members CL spent time in America as a child and Bom not as a child but for 6th grade through college. Turns out Bom went to college about an hours drive from where I live. No wonder their english sounds just like english from my region lol
320x200
Honto no Negai
Honto no Negai

Postby kashiyukas_Snake » Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 pm

taka02 wrote:But you can't judge Korean people's English pronunciation by listening to Nicole. Because she was born and grew up in the U.S.!!
Come to think of it, isn't it possible that many K-pop singers pronounce English lyrics correctly because many members of K-pop groups are actually from America? KARA's Nicole is one of them, and Tiffany and Jessica of SNSD, Amber and Krystal of f(x), Kibum of Super Junior, Yuchun of TVXQ, etc. Management companies in the K-pop industry hold auditions around the world so many K-pop singers are not from Korea.

Ahh, I didn't know that. I only recently found them :red: That explains some of their more English names as well.
kashiyukas_Snake
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby Phych » Fri May 27, 2011 2:31 am

Hey everyone! I posted this in Perfume TV forums and I thought it would be appropriate here also.
Here's a clip of Perfume singing Jet Coaster Love by Kara on the most recent episode of Nep League.
Enjoy!
Phych
Secret Member
Secret Member

Postby Jdenny16 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:10 am

IMO I think Kara has horrible voices. Like in Lupin near the end Nicole's voice pisses me off a bit, but I do LOVE some of Kara's song, Mister and Lupin are addicitng........I guess I like them since I can do the butt dance and some of Lupin's dance.....and I look good doing it hehe :xd: I support Kara's music
Jdenny16
Electro World native
Electro World native

Postby akkumaru » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:35 am

lol jdenny16, i appreciate your opinion, but i think 'horrible' is too much. Nicole is the rapper, so anyone used to listen to regular J-Pop might not have expected her way of singing, but still she has a very good singing voice i suppose ─just maybe not the technique yet. Now I'm growing more interest on Jiyoung's voice actually, listening 『今、贈りたい「ありがとう」』 she gets better and better, so does Hara of course.

And while they do dance, what i really like from KARA is their sweet voices :D

I just watched NEP LEAGUE (now that's late, i know). Perfume singing Jet Coaster Love is very very very cute!!! And makes me happy that they actually knows KARA's song.
akkumaru
Ceramic girl
Ceramic girl

Postby taka02 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Watching recent TV shows where KARA appeared, I was impressed how much their Japanese improved.
(Jiyoung said on Minisute that she would take 日本語検定 (nihongo kentei, "Japanese Language Examination")).
taka02
Twinkle smile
Twinkle smile

Postby tofu » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Taka-san and Akku-san!!
Sashiburi ne~!

I will agree with you though, Kara's Japanese has gotten better.
Most of the Korean group's Japanese is getting a lot better, like SNSD.
28.11.2010-Beginning of Perfume's world domination
16.06.2011-Perfume's Invasion of LA
tofu
Nakata Fan
Nakata Fan

Postby XxPerfumeFaN95xX » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:14 pm

My sister is crazy about Kara. She listens to them so much and blasts their music so much that I don't even listen to them no more :P
Forever Perfume! Image
I <3 you eternally
XxPerfumeFaN95xX
Twinkle smile
Twinkle smile

Postby goodlucksaturday » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:05 pm

So, looks like KARA is making their Korean comeback in September. Totally fine with that. Was hoping they'd keep expanding their Japanese sound, but as long as there's new KARA, I don't care where or what language it's being released. :music:

And LOL at bitter Korean websites saying it hasn't been a good year for KARA. :roll:
goodlucksaturday
Spy
Spy

Postby taka02 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Recochoku recently released the result of 'Chosen by everyone, your favorite K-POP artist ranking' conducted on 'Recochoku Music Information' site. KARA got No.1.

1. KARA
2. Girls' Generation
3. FTISLAND
4. BIGBANG
5. BEAST

- voting period: 2011, July 26 (Tue) - Augst 9 (Tue) (15 days)
- number of valid votes: 4,471

(source: http://recochoku.jp/music_info/20110811.html)
taka02
Twinkle smile
Twinkle smile

Postby goodlucksaturday » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Excellent result. Not terribly surprising given their success in Japan, but a good result nonetheless. Glad to say I would've said KARA too. :xd:
goodlucksaturday
Spy
Spy

Postby kensei-j » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:08 am

yeah that result is not suprising , kara had a good year
kensei-j
Love Cruiser
Love Cruiser

Postby goodlucksaturday » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Oh, man. KARA's new Korean album Step is soooo good. :music:

As long as you ignore that half of it is intro/outro, acoustic/Korean versions, and instrumentals.

So there are only like five songs worth caring about, but they're all quite good. :xd:
goodlucksaturday
Spy
Spy

Postby 320x200 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:06 pm

320x200
Honto no Negai
Honto no Negai

Postby taka02 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:28 am

Their costumes are ... interesting.
taka02
Twinkle smile
Twinkle smile

Postby rewak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:30 am

I was under the impression their live YouTube event was going to be a live performance, but instead it's a pre-recorded documentary with tiny live insert pieces of them just talking in an art gallery. I'm not a fan but i thought i'd check it out cause i like live performances, this just blows though! I'm not a fan and i'm annoyed :mad:
rewak

Postby goodlucksaturday » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:27 pm

I figured it wasn't going to be a performance, but I honestly thought it was going to be a little more than that, haha. I thought they'd be unveiling the full video for "Step," but since it was not aired on its intended date, I completely forgot about it and the video went up anyway. KARA trollin' YouTubers.
goodlucksaturday
Spy
Spy

Postby 320x200 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:24 pm

taka02 wrote:Their costumes are ... interesting.

I hope they didn't have to pay for that video by the number of colors used ;)
320x200
Honto no Negai
Honto no Negai

PreviousNext

Return to Asian Music