Perfume OFFICIAL WORLD FANCLUB [2013.2.14]

Perfume's music talk.

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

Re: Perfume OFFICIAL WORLD FANCLUB [2013.2.14]

Postby elevator » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:42 pm

After their previous PTA tour in the Spring of 2010, Perfume released a tour DVD exclusively to PTA members, entitled "1053" (Approx 10 yrs since group foundation, 5 yrs since major debut, 3 yrs since PTA foundation). The DVD didn't contain a whole concert, in fact there were just four songs from performances if I remember rightly, but it also contained quite a bit of material of them entertaining the audiences non-musically. And there was a bonus feature on the DVD of the three having a lunch together, in the course of which they were joined by MIKIKO (to the surprise of A~Chan and Kashi, but Nocchi was in on the planning :) ) and them all having a chat in which much friendship and good humour was apparent - even if you didn't understand Japanese. 1053 is pretty much a collector's item of course.

I am asking myself, what are the chances that we will be surprised again after this recent PTA tour with an extra PTA DVD from the tour.... I am very certain we would have to pay for it of course, if we wanted it, but wouldn't it be nice! :) I am not holding my breath....
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:51 am

On 16th July, a very short post from Nocchi to announce the first full on-air broadcast of new album track "Let Me Know" on Perfume Locks. She also makes one or two other brief comments, the interpretation of which is totally beyond me! :)
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:53 pm

On 24th July, a new PTA Movie posted entitled "Panasonic×Perfume「Everyday」-AWA DANCE ver.2.0-撮影@都内某所", of the shooting of said AWA DANCE, ver.2.0, (3:53). Mikiko in attendance. The ladies were each filmed separately and were combined in the editing process. :)
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby skh1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:38 am

skh1 wrote:
elevator wrote:… If only they could have given us a bit more footage.... :|

Here is the performance of "If you wanna":

Thanks to Poppo28 for the video and thanks to Elevator for the PTA updates.

The original link was copyright stricken, here's a new one.
skh1
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby elevator » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:41 pm

^^^Many thanks! :)

On 27th July, a new blog post from Yukachan entitled "TULLY'S CM!!", enthusing of course about their work on the promotional advertising videos for Tully's coffee! :D There seem to be a lot of interesting comments, if you can get past the challenges of the Google auto-translate.... She also seems to be saying that she visited the same location somehow in connection with the Cosmic Explorer DVD and posts a couple of distant selfies taken on that previous occasion (when a tree in the two pictures was bare of leaves).
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:47 pm

A new PTA Movie posted on 31st July, entitled "This is NIPPON プレミアムシアター「Perfume×TECHNOLOGY」presents “Reframe” ドキュメント前編", of backstage and related stuff from the Reframe performance (3:20). Includes sequences of them being filmed dancing individually before the stage performance - amusing to see Nocchi "coaching" Yuka for her dance and then both Yuka and Nocchi coaching A~Chan, with smiles all round. Cannot glimpse Mikiko being present.

We see them going on stage for the performance and coming offstage afterwards under the watchful eye, unless I am mistaken, of Masahiko Uchiyama (内山 昌彦), who has been in charge of the stages for most of their biggest performances over the years. We see about 25 secs of the performance.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:10 pm

A new PTA Movie posted on 7th August, entitled "This is NIPPON プレミアムシアター「Perfume×TECHNOLOGY」presents“Reframe”ドキュメント後編", continuing the material posted one week ago. (2:53) This video is the "sequel", following last week's "prequel". :D

We see backstage activity at both the 20th March and 21st March performances, including the bonding ceremony (and even the application of perfume....) Clearly very important performances to them and there are some tears of emotion after the second show (from A~Chan and Kashi, but is that a suggestion of a smile from Nocchi at her friends' tearful reaction :) ). A couple of glimpses of Mikiko - including at the end, perhaps not unconnected to the emotion. :)
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:39 pm

On 13th August, a new blog post from Nocchi entitled "さいきん", most of which is quite beyond my understanding, even with Google translate! However at the end she does say that another track from the new album will be aired for the first time on "SCHOOL OF LOCK" today.

And we now know this track to be "Future Pop"! :D .
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:03 pm

On 15th August, a blog post from Nocchi about the release of Future Pop - "「Future Pop」リリース". As so often, it's a struggle for me to resolve Nocchi's words using Google translate, but she clearly writes with great enthusiasm about the album's release! :)
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:45 am

On 19th August, another blog post from Nocchi - this one seems to have been posted quite late in the day. :) Three posts in six days, Nocchi is being very supportive - thank you so much, Nocchi! :D

This post is entitled 生放送 ("Live broadcasting"?) and she seems to talk enthusiastically about the recent live stream, and other things. Her paragraphs are quite widely spaced out - I wonder, maybe they are sent directly from her smartphone. I think she mentions watching some of the live stream live on her smartphone, and being very impressed that she could see it virtually in real time. As always, I am a little challenged trying to interpret the auto-translate!
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:00 am

On 25th August (well actually it is still 24th August here in UK!), a new blog video, #125, from A~chan! (2:31) :yahoo:

She is wearing the stage outfit from performing Future Pop and obviously Future Pop can be heard being mentioned in her words. But, as always, non-Japanese speakers won't have a clue what she is actually saying because there are no subtitles, still.

As always, A~chan's charisma and charm come through the language barrier. :D
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:40 pm

On 18th Sep, in WPTA Fan Club News, it is announced that a Tour blu-ray/DVD limited to purchase by PTA and WPTA members will be released in respect of the PTA tour held earlier this year. It will be available for order through A!Smart starting 21st Sep. The first period of order is 21 Sep - 31 0ct for expected dispatch in mid to late Dec, and the second period of order is 1st Nov - 31st Dec for expected dispatch in early Feb. It will not be available for sale after these order periods and it will not be available for sale at concert venues. Members of PTA and WPTA may only buy one copy per member. There will be a blu-ray version (4,500 JPY) and a DVD version (3,500 JPY).

Details of the setlist and contents are given in FC News on the WPTA site.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby rewak » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:02 am

Wish they hadn't screwed with the registration otherwise I would have bought that. Ah well, second hand market it is, probably still work out cheaper than buying the t-shirt to get access first anyway
rewak

Postby davvid » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:40 pm

elevator wrote:On 18th Sep, in WPTA Fan Club News, it is announced that a Tour blu-ray/DVD limited to purchase by PTA and WPTA members will be released in respect of the PTA tour held earlier this year. It will be available for order through A!Smart starting 21st Sep. The first period of order is 21 Sep - 31 0ct for expected dispatch in mid to late Dec, and the second period of order is 1st Nov - 31st Dec for expected dispatch in early Feb. It will not be available for sale after these order periods and it will not be available for sale at concert venues. Members of PTA and WPTA may only buy one copy per member. There will be a blu-ray version (4,500 JPY) and a DVD version (3,500 JPY).

Details of the setlist and contents are given in FC News on the WPTA site.

Can you share with us the setlist and content? not all of us have WPTA membership.
davvid
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen

Postby elevator » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 pm

davvid wrote:
elevator wrote:.....Details of the setlist and contents are given in FC News on the WPTA site.

Can you share with us the setlist and content? not all of us have WPTA membership.

Yes, of course - apologies, I was short of time before, and all of the explanation is in Japanese, some of which is slightly beyond my comprehension.

The main content is from Makuhari Messe and the set list is:

Take me Take me
Perfect Star Perfect Style
SEVENTH HEAVEN
Perfume
MY COLOR
STAR TRAIN
Hurly Burly
Dream Fighter
PTA Corner
Edge
The Best Thing

ENCORE
Infinite Future (Mugen Mirai)

There were actually two performances at Makuhari Messe, on 14th and 15th February, and there is no indication which has been used for this release, but I believe on the first night (St Valentine's Day) there was a second encore - Chocolate Disco. The second night was of course A~chan's birthday.

The release also contains the following material:

・MCダイジェスト
・『The best thing』 from 「P.T.A. presents Perfume 結成10周年!!!! 『パッと楽しく遊ぼうの会』ライブハウストゥワー」

I assume the first of these additional items is a digest of the MC's from the other concerts. The previous PTA Tour release, "1053" in 2010, also contained a digest (30 mins) of the MC's from all the concerts on that tour and I'm guessing they are following the same pattern again this time.

I am not totally certain what the second additional item is. There is also a longer description of the disc, but also in Japanese, which probably explains about it. My guess is that the second extra item is the performance of "The Best Thing" from the "1053" release in 2010 but will be happy to be corrected if I am wrong! :) If that's what it is, it is a nice touch.

The "1053" disc in 2010 only contained four songs (The Best Thing, I Still Love U, Dream Fighter and Puppy Love) and so this 2018 PTA tour release is much heavier on actual music. :D The previous disc contained a discussion over lunch between Perfume and MIKIKO (25 mins) which was very good but I am sure people will be very happy to have so much more music to do the talking this time! :D

EDIT: I am not sure I was wise to guess what the second additional item is! It really is a guess. See my post of 21st Sep.
Last edited by elevator on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby davvid » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:39 am

Thank you!! Now I need to find a way to get one of the BR in my hands haha
davvid
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen

Postby elevator » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:47 am

I am not certain at all whether my guess about the second additional item in this release is correct. This Japanese text about the release may explain about it, if you are able to translate it! The auto-translate services just confuse me!

特典映像には、幕張公演のほか全国各地を巡った5月ホール公演を含む“MCダイジェスト映像”を収録。さらに! たくさんのご要望にお応えして、2010年に開催した「P.T.A. presents Perfume 結成10周年!!!! 『パッと楽しく遊ぼうの会』ライブハウストゥワー」にて披露し、完全受注にて販売した「P.T.A.」会員限定DVDに収録の『The best thing』ライブ映像を特別収録! 「P.T.A.発足10周年!! と5周年!! “Perfumeとあなた”ホールトゥワー」の楽曲ランキングではダントツの1位を獲得、そして8年振りの披露となり話題となった、『The best thing』は、まさに「P.T.A.」会員のみなさんの8年越しの想いが詰まっていると言える楽曲。2010年と2018年の『The best thing』が観られるのは、この作品のみ!! 超貴重なお宝映像となります。この機会をどうぞお見逃しなく!

Pre-orders for this release, and the current tour merchandise, opened at 15:00 Japan time today, 21st Sep. - 45 minutes ago. I have placed two orders, one for the blu-ray release and one for the current tour pamphlet . I had feared that the ASMart site might crash at 15:00 under the weight of eager people placing orders, but it was all very smooth.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:50 am

On 23rd Sep, a new blog post from Yukachan entitled "FUTURE POP TOUR". :)
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:03 pm

A new PTA Movie posted on 3rd October, entitled "タリーズコーヒーTV-CM撮影現場" or, from the auto-translation, "Tully's Coffee TV-CM shooting". Behind the scenes (4:25). :)
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:09 am

A new PTA Movie posted on 12th October, entitled "『Future Pop』新アーティスト写真&ジャケット撮影現場" - the photoshoot for the "Future Pop" CD cover art, and related photographs, showing the girls standing among the apparent light beams. (2:53) :)
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

PreviousNext

Return to Perfume Music