I hate to admit it but...

Perfume's music talk.

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

Re: I hate to admit it but...

Postby WaveyDavey » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:44 pm

The thing would have been to place Hurly Burly just after Party Maker which actually works very well and MoM after Dreamland as a kind of bonus track.

The BPM flow would have been much more consistant through the album and, as has been said, it really sticks out and makes it seem even more misplaced whatever its merits or not.
WaveyDavey
BitterSweet Member
BitterSweet Member

Postby nocchi27 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:22 pm

okay first of all

nocchi and bangs is a good idea (man.. nasty forehead?)
curly hair nocchi? i mean? why not.. its been like what years already
575 pv is suck
that pepsixlovefool and never released it
spending all my what?
nakata let them write some music for god sake
nocchixskirt? come on thats a frikishly bad idea
kashiyuka's hairstyle!!! (1mm :yeah: )
no lipsync please? once? pleease??? slow songs ok like 575 :love: :love: :love:
no hurly burly in level 3

and the most important thing is to my very dearly nakata,
everything you need to know the voice? you got to be kidding me...
Image what are you doing!! Щ(ºДºщ)
nocchi27
Major Debut Member
Major Debut Member

Postby garnetjester » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:08 am

MAKE CHOCOLATE DISCO STOP. Seriously, I loved it and thought it was cute at first but I hate it now. With the passion of a thousand suns. Poor me, because I'm pretty sure they're not going to stop performing it ever.

Nocchi please get bangs again.

Someone do something about their outfits, because they get more basic and lame with each release.

Musically, I have no complains other than ChocoDisco because MY GOD has that song been overplayed like WHOA. At least Polyrhythm is more interesting musically? Or maybe I'm deluded.

Kiss and Music has such a great choreography, I'd like to see them perform something similar dance wise at some point.
garnetjester
Macaronic
Macaronic

Postby yamamanga » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:39 am

garnetjester wrote:MAKE CHOCOLATE DISCO STOP. Seriously, I loved it and thought it was cute at first but I hate it now. With the passion of a thousand suns. Poor me, because I'm pretty sure they're not going to stop performing it ever.

Nocchi please get bangs again.

Someone do something about their outfits, because they get more basic and lame with each release.

Musically, I have no complains other than ChocoDisco because MY GOD has that song been overplayed like WHOA. At least Polyrhythm is more interesting musically? Or maybe I'm deluded.

Kiss and Music has such a great choreography, I'd like to see them perform something similar dance wise at some point.

OH MY GOSH I AGREE. Chocolate Disco kind of gets on my nerves now. Seriously, I don't understand why on that one program they gave 1mm a shortened performance while Chocolate Disco was given a performance of the full song.
yamamanga
Major Debut Member
Major Debut Member

Postby flyingwill » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:48 pm

How anyone can get tired of that song is beyond me :yahoo:
flyingwill
Major Debut Member
Major Debut Member

Postby Abe » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:50 pm

I haven't experienced it first hand, but I've heard that you have to see Chocolate Disco live and be a part of the whole crowd involvement experience to really understand why they always play it.
Abe
BUDOUKaaaaaaaaaaN!!!!!
BUDOUKaaaaaaaaaaN!!!!!

Postby rewak » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Been there, done that, it's....fine, i would have much preferred they bring Perfume back as it has way more crowd involvement.
rewak

Postby Neko » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:23 pm

I would not say they should do a Lovefool cover to "go worldwide" cause I hear critic like "omg these chinese girls have stolen Lovefool from Justin Bieber" (after all it's written by the cardigans...)

- I totally agree with lyrics written by the girls! I prefer lyrics written by the aktor. I want to know what kind of songs they write.. It's more personally

- Kashiyukas acting as a kawaii little girl it is so artificial... And private she is kind of

- SAMT Album-Mix: I really like it... But it is more original than Album-Mix. It should be more like the Cannes/WT2 version. Since MY COLOR 2012-Mix I don't really like Nakatas remixes
Neko
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby WaveyDavey » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:46 am

They need a change of designer.
Some of the outfits they have to wear are really frumpy and old looking.
I am not saying go urban but lets have a bit of cutting edge.They are not old yet!
WaveyDavey
BitterSweet Member
BitterSweet Member

Postby tako_sama » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 am

WaveyDavey wrote:They need a change of designer.
Some of the outfits they have to wear are really frumpy and old looking.

Should be 'mature' looking :P
I think their designs are also getting boring.
tako_sama
Secret Lover
Secret Lover

Postby panda » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:25 am

Only been a fan a very short time so nothing much I don't like...yet...but...

- The PTA/WPTA - very bad fan-club for reasons already said.
- Their does seem to be a reluctance to acknowledge the size of the non-Japanese fan base, all the venues in Europe where too small and sold out quickly leaving many fans disappointed.
- I like their earlier stuff better.

P
のっち
:love: :love: :love:
My Queen
panda
Major Debut Member
Major Debut Member

Postby kashiyukasthighs » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:17 am

I hate how Kashiyuka won't go back to her "Nocchi" haircut like in Chocolate Disco, I LOVE that cut
kashiyukasthighs
Digital Member
Digital Member

Postby Alexion » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:38 am

- While the technological aspect of their concerts is becoming more and more advanced their image has really plateau'd. Their PVs are a bit stale, the cut and paste costumes with little variation are getting old. "Adult and feminine" doesn't mean boring, Perfume team. I guess you can file the Nocchi and Kashiyuka never changing their hairstyle thing in here too because that's related.

- Not really annoying about Perfume themselves but a loud majority of the Western fanbase screaming that they're not idols and that Japan doesn't consider them such when that isn't always the case has always confused me. :? Music Station invited them onto their idol SP earlier in this year and they appeared in the flesh on Ichiban Song Show's Showa vs. Heisei idol SP. Two members of the panel said that Perfume is their favorite idol group. They're idols in the same way that SPEED was in the 90s, kind of but not really. It's silly just to say they're not at all though.

- Mirai no Museum's promotion was geared toward the wrong audience. I guess because their outfits were so cosplayish they were appealing to the idol aspect of their image (see above) when they should have appealed to the most important demographic - kids. I think an appearance on a kids show (Oha Star? Or that other one they were on when promoting GAME whatever it was called?) would have helped a bit.

- Cutting out their MCs from the DVDs is the worst thing ever. There are tons of reasons to go to a Perfume concert so I honestly doubt including snippets from their infamous MCs would hurt ticket sales. They haven't had their own show in years and robots could host MJ at this point so it would nice to see more of their (and by their I mean Kashiyuka and Nocchi) interactions come out in a medium other than the PTA content, which is a whole different bullet altogether but I digress. :|
Alexion
Toshiko Fan
Toshiko Fan

Postby tako_sama » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:53 am

Alexion wrote:- Not really annoying about Perfume themselves but a loud majority of the Western fanbase screaming that they're not idols and that Japan doesn't consider them such when that isn't always the case has always confused me. :? Music Station invited them onto their idol SP earlier in this year and they appeared in the flesh on Ichiban Song Show's Showa vs. Heisei idol SP. Two members of the panel said that Perfume is their favorite idol group. They're idols in the same way that SPEED was in the 90s, kind of but not really. It's silly just to say they're not at all though.

VERY true, it's definitely more prevalent among Western fans. Personally I think the idol category is already so wide that it's not too advisable to see them through narrow mindsets (e.g. MomoClo, Passpo, AKB48 etc.).
tako_sama
Secret Lover
Secret Lover

Postby fushizen na luke » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:19 pm

What I dislike:

- Perfume Global Compilation tracklist
- ⊿ / Triangle (my favorite songs are on this album, but this album is inconsistent and random, I don't know. And I miss 23:30, so...)
- JPN album mixes are sooooooooooooooooooooo boring (except Glitter)
- Cosmic Explorer album
- Perfume not singing Love The World on their tours
- Chocolate Disco being overrated
- Nocchi hair (it's time to change)
- A-chan screaming DISCO on Chocolate Disco
brazilian crazy gay boy, I'm sad ;-;

my favorite songs are love the world and computer city
fushizen na luke
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Previous

Return to Perfume Music