Dance Contest 2015

Perfume's music talk.

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

Dance Contest 2015

Postby elevator » Fri May 15, 2015 9:41 pm

As part of the Perfume's anniversary celebrations, a dance contest has been announced for this year, the third contest in Perfume history of course. In the first two competitions, GLITTER and Spending All My Time were the songs danced by the contestants. So I am wondering what is the likely song to be danced in the 2015 Contest?

My own prediction is "Sweet Refrain"! I think it would be very suitable, especially as the song hasn't had a great deal of attention since its release and chart appearance at the time of the TV drama. Maybe it is being saved for something like this?
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Re: Dance Contest 2015

Postby yoshimi » Fri May 15, 2015 11:21 pm

K-10 suggested this but I think it's very likely they'll use STORY for the dance contest.

Edit: Unrelated, but man, this place sure transformed into a ghost town in no time.
yoshimi
Toshiko Fan
Toshiko Fan

Postby b_ry29 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:48 am

yoshimi wrote:Edit: Unrelated, but man, this place sure transformed into a ghost town in no time.

There has been quite some attention within my recent thread. Observing the view count, plenty have made visits within the past few days but less than 2% make a post while tumblr/ Twitter has been getting more activity, not that I'm complaining though.
Early Perfume Timeline
Suiyoubi no Campanella scans
―― You’re too young for your brain cells to be dying!
A~chan: A~chan’s are already on the way to death!
b_ry29
at the edge
at the edge

Postby Choi-chan » Tue May 26, 2015 4:27 pm

I think it'll be TN or PMU.. regardless, I hope I can manage to send in an entry.
Choi-chan
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby DDRmasterX » Thu May 28, 2015 7:32 am

Pick Me Up would be a perfect choice.
DDRmasterX
Digital Member
Digital Member

Postby elevator » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:27 am

Well, at last the details of the Dance Contest 2015 have been announced. Perfume give us a summary in this video (with Eng subs):

Fuller details of the contest and how to enter can be read, in either English or Japanese, here:
http://www.perfume-web.jp/anniversary/m ... ex_en.html

To quote:
There are 2 categories set for this year’s dance contest. One is “KIWAMI: Ultimate Copy” which the contestants compete by how perfect they can copy Perfume’s dance routine. Another category is “SOU: Create Your Original Dance” which you come up with your unique original dance.
In addition to the above 2 categories, a new category “Under 16” will be added for the young dancers at the age of 15 and below.

A big innovation for this year is that different music will be used for the “KIWAMI: Ultimate Copy” and “SOU: Create Your Original Dance” categories, namely: Ultimate copy: Pick Me Up and Create Your Original Dance: Perfect Star Perfect Style

Choi-chan and DDRmasterX had anticipated that PMU would feature in the contest! No-one would have anticipated PSPS, and it will be interesting to see these entries.... I wonder if the choice of PSPS pays any regard to its alleged (by some) role in Perfume history, that it was nearly Perfume's final recording, as the one new track on "Perfume - Complete Best". Perfume mention that the existing PSPS choreography is not by MIKIKO - perhaps it was during her stint away in New York.

Fans were able to watch the Finals of the 1st and 2nd Dance Contests live online - which was really brilliant. The streams were very enjoyable and absorbing. Last time I recall that Perfume were moved to tears more than once, talking to contestants. I do hope there will be a live stream for the 3rd Dance Contest Final, at Budokan on Wed 23rd Sept.

I seem to recall that, in the 2nd Dance Contest, entries from Japan and International entries, were judged as separate classes in the Final with separate winners in each. If that is to be the case this time, it hasn't been explicitly announced. :?

In fact a web page still exists about the 2nd Dance Contest in 2013:
http://www.perfume-web.jp/cam/miseyoLEV ... ex_en.html
And there is a video digest of the 2nd Contest included in the 3rd Dance Contest details:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... UQInzQsJoQ

Entries for the 1st round of the 3rd Contest have to be submitted by 11:59 pm Japan Time on Mon July 20th. Good luck to everyone who enters!
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:33 pm

Entries to the first stage of the dance contest closed a day ago.... So it's bit late to post this - Perfume promoting the dance contest to international fans on Australia's SBSPopAsia:

elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby myAya » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:26 am

Trishabrink wrote:When will be the next dance contest? If anybody knows that then do let me know. I want to participate in that with my group.

phone nocchi up and ask her when the next one will be.
everybody knows?

on the slow boat from Timbuktu with a smile from Perfume
myAya
Electro World native
Electro World native

Postby b_ry29 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:05 am

If in the future there will be one, they will announce it. Otherwise, no way of knowing if or when one will be.
Early Perfume Timeline
Suiyoubi no Campanella scans
―― You’re too young for your brain cells to be dying!
A~chan: A~chan’s are already on the way to death!
b_ry29
at the edge
at the edge

Postby Kaiynd » Mon May 01, 2017 11:57 pm

There hasn't been an announcement for one. You just need to keep checking their website. They will announce it there if they ever do another one.

myAya wrote: phone nocchi up and ask her when the next one will be.

Why do you even bother replying?
My "Pick Me Up" cover! ---> https://youtu.be/qll45wdGbCE
Kaiynd
Polyrhythmic
Polyrhythmic

Postby myAya » Tue May 02, 2017 1:48 am

Y not they know we don't know so y they ask? Think yur not gullible ?
everybody knows?

on the slow boat from Timbuktu with a smile from Perfume
myAya
Electro World native
Electro World native

Return to Perfume Music