Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」 Blu-ray/DVD

Perfume's music talk.

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

Re: Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」 Blu-ray/DVD

Postby rewak » Wed May 31, 2017 3:37 pm

Ordered a copy from Speedy Hen, after a discount code it came to £46.85. Still expensive but a bit more reasonable than the £61.99 Wrasse want! If any of you want it from there the discount code is NEWCUSTOMER17, obviously only for new customers but even if you've used them before you could set up a second email and new account.
User avatar
rewak
Moderator
 
Posts: 4210
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:18 am

Re: Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」 Blu-ray/DVD

Postby davvid » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:19 am

Does both Blu Ray releases from Wrasse Records are multi region?? It says on Speedy Hen that the Cosmic Explorer one is Region B and We Are Perfume it doesn't mention anything. I'm in America so my Blu Ray Player is just Region A. :(
davvid
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Re: Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」 Blu-ray/DVD

Postby davvid » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:54 pm

davvid wrote:Does both Blu Ray releases from Wrasse Records are multi region?? It says on Speedy Hen that the Cosmic Explorer one is Region B and We Are Perfume it doesn't mention anything. I'm in America so my Blu Ray Player is just Region A. :(


So Speedy Hen answered me and told me they are Region B but Wrasse Records just told me they are Multi-Region. Can I confirm this with any of you who got both Blu Rays?? Thanks!!
davvid
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Re: Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」 Blu-ray/DVD

Postby elevator » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:32 pm

davvid wrote:.........So Speedy Hen answered me and told me they are Region B but Wrasse Records just told me they are Multi-Region. Can I confirm this with any of you who got both Blu Rays?? Thanks!!

Well, I have both of these Wrasse Blu Ray releases and I can see absolutely nothing anywhere on either product which addresses this subject.... Of course I could be very stupid, or failing to recognise some icon, or obscure coding, which says it all, but I really cannot see anything. I've been over the external stuff on the cardboard cases, stuff in the booklets and stuff on the disks themselves, all with a *very* large magnifying glass, and I can pick up nothing that addresses this! As I say, I could just be very stupid. :roll: There is a lot of small print around everywhere, but that all seems to be about copyright and legal stuff. There are also a few lines in Japanese which I can't read but I'm guessing that's all legal stuff again.

I'm in UK and have a Blu Ray player bought in UK, so obviously my actual experience as a user is in that context - I would just comment that when Blu Ray's were issued for the first time in Japan, for the back catalogue of the tour DVD's, I bought all of them from Japan and never had any problem playing them in UK. I believe for Blu Ray's, Japan and the US are both Region A whereas UK is Region B - my experience with the Japanese Blu Rays suggests that there is not a culture in Perfume world of restricting Blu Rays by region, and I have never heard of anyone having a problem. The "WE ARE Perfume" Blu Ray, Wrasse edition, has been availabIe, I think, for a-while from suppliers in the US - I wonder if there are any clues available in their blurb. [The last time I looked, prices from suppliers based in the US quoted on Amazon-UK for "WE ARE Perfume", Wrasse edition, looked very competitive, but UK buyers would have to think about import taxes....].

I am sorry I cannot resolve your query definitively. :?
User avatar
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」 Blu-ray/DVD

Postby davvid » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:45 am

elevator wrote:
davvid wrote:.........So Speedy Hen answered me and told me they are Region B but Wrasse Records just told me they are Multi-Region. Can I confirm this with any of you who got both Blu Rays?? Thanks!!

Well, I have both of these Wrasse Blu Ray releases and I can see absolutely nothing anywhere on either product which addresses this subject.... Of course I could be very stupid, or failing to recognise some icon, or obscure coding, which says it all, but I really cannot see anything. I've been over the external stuff on the cardboard cases, stuff in the booklets and stuff on the disks themselves, all with a *very* large magnifying glass, and I can pick up nothing that addresses this! As I say, I could just be very stupid. :roll: There is a lot of small print around everywhere, but that all seems to be about copyright and legal stuff. There are also a few lines in Japanese which I can't read but I'm guessing that's all legal stuff again.

I'm in UK and have a Blu Ray player bought in UK, so obviously my actual experience as a user is in that context - I would just comment that when Blu Ray's were issued for the first time in Japan, for the back catalogue of the tour DVD's, I bought all of them from Japan and never had any problem playing them in UK. I believe for Blu Ray's, Japan and the US are both Region A whereas UK is Region B - my experience with the Japanese Blu Rays suggests that there is not a culture in Perfume world of restricting Blu Rays by region, and I have never heard of anyone having a problem. The "WE ARE Perfume" Blu Ray, Wrasse edition, has been availabIe, I think, for a-while from suppliers in the US - I wonder if there are any clues available in their blurb. [The last time I looked, prices from suppliers based in the US quoted on Amazon-UK for "WE ARE Perfume", Wrasse edition, looked very competitive, but UK buyers would have to think about import taxes....].

I am sorry I cannot resolve your query definitively. :?


Oh don't worry. Thank you so much for looking at the info all over the case, I really appreciate it.

I asked a reddit user about it and also at the perfume spoiler group. I just don't want to waste money.
davvid
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Re: Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」 Blu-ray/DVD

Postby rofl » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 am

The Wrasse release plays flawlessly in region 2.

-r
User avatar
rofl
Electro World Inhabitant
Electro World Inhabitant
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」 Blu-ray/DVD

Postby rewak » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:50 pm

I have a multiregion BluRay player, I set it to Region A, B, and C and it plays fine on all of them so it's a region free release :)
User avatar
rewak
Moderator
 
Posts: 4210
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:18 am

Re: Perfume 6th Tour 2016「COSMIC EXPLORER」 Blu-ray/DVD

Postby davvid » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks everyone!! I ordered them :xd: :xd: :xd:
davvid
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Previous

Return to Perfume Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests