New Album "Future Pop" releasing August 15th

Perfume's music talk.

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

New Album "Future Pop" releasing August 15th

Postby skh1 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:23 am

Today was announced their 7th album to be released in August to include Tokyo Girl, If You Wanna, Mugenmirai, and "more". :xd:
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/prfmne ... =feed_text
http://www.perfume-web.jp/eng/news/individual.php?id=46

… and a nationwide tour.
http://www.perfume-web.jp/eng/news/individual.php?id=47

Details forthcoming. [ see below]
Last edited by skh1 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
skh1
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Re: New Album in August

Postby rewak » Fri May 25, 2018 9:46 pm

That kinda caught me off guard! I'm glad we're getting one quicker this time, more new stuff versus Cosmics overload of stuff we already had. Here's hoping they venture out into the World again with the tour, come back to the UK!
rewak

Postby cascade gonpory » Sun May 27, 2018 1:23 am

super surprised about this too!!!and only 3 singles on this album, (none of these singles has 3 tracks or double side either) - so that means more new songs!!!! so excited!

Slightly unrelated - but AAA have also announced an album for august and they have only 2 singles for this album - Are Jpop artists starting to do this now, releasing less singles in between albums??? (if so, this would make me happy, as i hate listening to an album that is made up of mostly songs i've already heard in singles)
cascade gonpory
BitterSweet Member
BitterSweet Member

Postby skh1 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:11 am

A little more detail from A~chan:
The J-pop girl group Perfume recently wrapped up their fan club tour with the final show in Shizuoka, where members Nocchi (Ayano Omoto), Kashiyuka (Yuka Kashino) and A-chan (Ayaka Nishiwaki) announced the release of their new album this summer and an accompanying domestic arena tour starting in September.
The new release will be the vocal and dance trio's seventh studio album, arriving two years after their previous set, Cosmic Explorer. The still-untitled project will contain the singles "Tokyo Girl," "If You Wanna" and "Mugen Mirai" along with newly recorded tracks produced by longtime collaborator Yasutaka Nakata.
A-chan told fans that the new album will contain lots of new music along with their recent singles. "We've finished recording, and we really, really love all of the songs," she shared.
The arena tour promoting the new album will kick off Sept. 21, which marks the anniversary of the group's major-label debut. Perfume's first arena tour in two years will start in Nagano, where the girls have never performed before, and make stops in nine cities around the country for 18 concerts.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... album-tour
skh1
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby Fushizen Na Girl » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:03 am

Well this was a pleasant surprise. :) Really happy we'll have more new content this time around.
Fushizen Na Girl
Wishing for the best
Wishing for the best

Postby elevator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:32 pm

I have to keep pinching myself to remember that there will be a new Perfume album in not so many weeks now! :shock: Everything about the new album is so low key at the moment. :? I thought the Cosmic Explorer album was one of their best and am hugely looking forward to this one! :D

So many new songs in prospect. :yahoo:
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Re: New Album Future Pop releasing August 15th

Postby skh1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:33 am

From the official website:
Limited Edition
(CD + Blu-ray + sticker) Local catalogue#: UPCP-9020 ¥4,980 (w/ tax)
(CD + DVD + sticker) Local catalogue#: UPCP-9021 ¥4,600 (w/ tax)

Standard Edition
(CD + Blu-ray) Local catalogue#: UPCP-1003 ¥3,980 (w/ tax)
(CD + DVD) Local catalogue#: UPCP-1004 ¥3,600 (w/ tax)
(UNIVERSAL MUSIC LLC)

[CD]
01. Start-Up
02. Future Pop
03. If you wanna
04. TOKYO GIRL
05. FUSION
06. Tiny Baby
07. Let Me Know
08. Chorairin
09. Mugenmirai
10. Housekino Ame
11. Tenku
12. Everyday

“TOKYO GIRL” – Theme song of NTV drama “Tokyo Tarareba Musume”
“Housekino Ame” - Ora2 x Perfume Kuchimoto Beauty Project campaign song
“If you wanna” - Ora2 × Perfume Kuchimoto Beauty Project campaign song
“Everyday” – Perfume x Panasonic AWA DANCE campaign song
“Mugenmirai” – Theme song of film “CHIHAYAFURU Part.3”
“FUSION” - NTT docomo “FUTURE-EXPERIMENT VOL.01 docomo×Perfume Eliminate the Distance” tie-in song

[Limited Edition bonus Blu-ray/DVD]
・TOKYO GIRL -Video Clip-
・If you wanna -Video Clip-
・Everyday -Video Clip-
・Mugenmirai -Video Clip-
・Let Me Know -Video Clip-
・Let Me Know –Making-
・TOKYO GIRL –Release Special Live-
・If you wanna –Release Special Live-
・TOKYO GIRL –Dec. 31, 2017 NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen-
・FUSION –Perfume×TECHNOLOGY presents “Reframe”-
・Perfume no Tadatada Radio ga Sukidakara Radio 3

[Standard Edition bonus Blu-ray/DVD]
・TOKYO GIRL -Video Clip-
・Everyday -Video Clip-
・Mugenmirai -Video Clip-

[Preorder bonus]
□Bonus gift will be given away with the preorder if Limited Edition and Standard Edition. Details will be announced when available.
*Supplies are limited. First come first serve basis. Please ask your local CD shops for details.
*Bonus may not be available at some shops and online stores.Limited Edition
(CD + Blu-ray + sticker) Local catalogue#: UPCP-9020 ¥4,980 (w/ tax)
(CD + DVD + sticker) Local catalogue#: UPCP-9021 ¥4,600 (w/ tax)

Standard Edition
(CD + Blu-ray) Local catalogue#: UPCP-1003 ¥3,980 (w/ tax)
(CD + DVD) Local catalogue#: UPCP-1004 ¥3,600 (w/ tax)
(UNIVERSAL MUSIC LLC)

[CD]
01. Start-Up
02. Future Pop
03. If you wanna
04. TOKYO GIRL
05. FUSION
06. Tiny Baby
07. Let Me Know
08. Chorairin
09. Mugenmirai
10. Housekino Ame
11. Tenku
12. Everyday

“TOKYO GIRL” – Theme song of NTV drama “Tokyo Tarareba Musume”
“Housekino Ame” - Ora2 x Perfume Kuchimoto Beauty Project campaign song
“If you wanna” - Ora2 × Perfume Kuchimoto Beauty Project campaign song
“Everyday” – Perfume x Panasonic AWA DANCE campaign song
“Mugenmirai” – Theme song of film “CHIHAYAFURU Part.3”
“FUSION” - NTT docomo “FUTURE-EXPERIMENT VOL.01 docomo×Perfume Eliminate the Distance” tie-in song

[Limited Edition bonus Blu-ray/DVD]
・TOKYO GIRL -Video Clip-
・Everyday -Video Clip-
・Mugenmirai -Video Clip-
・Let Me Know –Making-
・TOKYO GIRL –Release Special Live-
・If you wanna –Release Special Live-
・TOKYO GIRL –Dec. 31, 2017 NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen-
・FUSION –Perfume×TECHNOLOGY presents “Reframe”-

[Standard Edition bonus Blu-ray/DVD]
・TOKYO GIRL -Video Clip-
・Everyday -Video Clip-
・Mugenmirai -Video Clip-

[Preorder bonus]
□Bonus gift will be given away with the preorder if Limited Edition and Standard Edition. Details will be announced when available.
*Supplies are limited. First come first serve basis. Please ask your local CD shops for details.
*Bonus may not be available at some shops and online stores.

http://www.perfume-web.jp/eng/news/individual.php?id=54
skh1
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Re: New Album "Future Pop" releasing August 15th

Postby Danki » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:40 am

So, basically it is four new tracks and intro. :(
erika_tru wrote:Danki is an A-Chanist on Perfume City XD

Volume wrote:Danki is good.

[Pao] wrote:Danki is dominating this forum!
Danki
23:30
23:30

Postby SecretSecret84 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Very excited for the new album , only sad about no album mixes
SecretSecret84
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby Fushizen Na Girl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:44 am

I really like the covers they’re going with. Goes nice w/ the Lady Gaga-inspired album title. It’ll be a little weird going back to no album mixes but I feel we have a nice amount of new content to make up for that. My only sadness is that Atmospheric Entry won’t seem to see the light of day.
Fushizen Na Girl
Wishing for the best
Wishing for the best

Postby SevenPetals » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:11 am

Love the cover.

I'm not very optimistic about the album though... only 12 tracks, and all A+B sides kept with no mixes feels lazy to me. That's only 4/5 new songs (Future Pop is probably an "Enter the sphere" like song, but worse knowing Nakata) Tokyo Girl could use an album mix, its actually just so uninteresting to me as it is, it can't hurt much.
SevenPetals
Still loving you
Still loving you

Postby Fushizen Na Girl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 pm

SevenPetals wrote:Love the cover.

I'm not very optimistic about the album though... only 12 tracks, and all A+B sides kept with no mixes feels lazy to me. That's only 4/5 new songs (Future Pop is probably an "Enter the sphere" like song, but worse knowing Nakata) Tokyo Girl could use an album mix, its actually just so uninteresting to me as it is, it can't hurt much.

Agreed. Not that I'm not optimistic, but to include all A and B sides with no mixes is a bit on the lazy side. I was really hoping Tokyo Girl and Mugen Mirai would get a remix as it's not their most strongest A-sides this era. (in my opinion the B-sides were a lot more interesting) But there's 2 things I'm REALLY hoping for: That Start Up is actually Atmospheric Entry, and that we get surprise remixes. Meaning we won't know which songs are remixed until the album comes out. Those would be the best surprises.
Fushizen Na Girl
Wishing for the best
Wishing for the best

Postby elevator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Really looking forward to getting my hands on Future Pop to see what it all actually means. :D

Quite conflicted about remixes. JPN was greatly spoiled for me by unwelcome remixes of two of my favourite tracks, whereas I guess the remixed version of Edge on Triangle was a masterpiece.

I wonder if Wrasse will be releasing Future Pop, and whether their version will contain limited edition material.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby L1ght7 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:42 pm

I agree that having all 6 of their A and B sides on the album is a little lazy, but maybe they are trying to get them more exposure for the mediocre sales of the singles. I am hoping that Start-Up is more like Enter the Sphere than like The Opening in terms of length. I think it is only fair since they are only giving us only 6 new songs and a longer intro song would make up for that even if just slightly. I am hoping that their somewhat new musical direction will push their album sales up a lot, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The sales of the singles paint a different picture.

I don't think that Future Pop will be another Enter the Sphere. It is their title song for the album. It will probably be more like Cosmic Explorer. They said they picked Cosmic Explorer as the title song for that album because it had a driving rhythm to it, and I fully expect Future Pop to be unique like Cosmic Explorer was.

I don't think that Start-Up will be Atmospheric Entry because it has a different name and we have already heard it in the tours promoting their last album. I wish they would release it, but I doubt they ever will.

I can't speak about surprise remixes because I don't know if that is something they would consider or not, but I would really like it. (An album mix for Tokyo Girl would be a smart move because it was by-far their most popular song of the three singles.) Since they already released the originals, it wouldn't matter to me if the remixes were great or not. I will always take new music from Perfume.

I may be in the minority when saying this, but I actually really liked the Glitter Album Mix. I thought it was better than the original, but I am a sucker for building song intros. They always get me so excited for the rest of the song. However, I do agree that the Laser Beam Album Mix was boring at best.

I already pre-ordered the album but I went through Amazon Japan. The listing said it was unsure if the pre-order bonus would come with it or not, but I am really hoping since the seller is Amazon Japan.
L1ght7
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Postby rofl » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:13 pm

I may be in the minority when saying this, but I actually really liked the Glitter Album Mix. I thought it was better than the original, but I am a sucker for building song intros. They always get me so excited for the rest of the song. However, I do agree that the Laser Beam Album Mix was boring at best.

+1 for favouring the Glitter Album Mix! I was a little disappointed with the whole Laser Beam single, and felt that the DJ randomness added in the Album Mix of Laser Beam made it funkier and more complete. And the en suite link to the Glitter Album Mix made both songs better, in my opinion. I also appreciate the Glitter Album Mix for its more extensive use of harmony, as well as the dramatic breakdown, with an added synth obligato, semi-improvising a counterpoint as the drums kick back in. Perfect! :love: 8)

-r
rofl
Electro World Inhabitant
Electro World Inhabitant

Postby Inmylife82 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:24 am

Fushizen Na Girl wrote:

Agreed. Not that I'm not optimistic, but to include all A and B sides with no mixes is a bit on the lazy side.

I'm slightly optimistic...nothing more though. In that, there are 5 new songs (including the intro) and NO album mixes...thank god! So that's why, I'm "slightly" optimistic. Man, that "Cling, Cling mix" just left a sour taste in me from Cosmic (that track was horrible) and I considered Cosmic to be their worst album, imo. So I welcome the new songs, and no album mixes. The rest of the tracks I can do without, basically. And having album mixes (is being lazy to me), we can agree to disagree. Or even an album of ALL new material, is the way to go. We can agree on that. You hear that Amuse...or management? Lol. And I hope the single is not another "atmospheric", sub-standard Nakata track. The guy has been on that roll lately, which I don't like very much. He needs to re-listen to GAME up to JPN again...his best works, arguably.
Inmylife82
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby Fushizen Na Girl » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:35 am

Inmylife82 wrote:
Fushizen Na Girl wrote:

Agreed. Not that I'm not optimistic, but to include all A and B sides with no mixes is a bit on the lazy side.

I'm slightly optimistic...nothing more though. In that, there are 5 new songs (including the intro) and NO album mixes...thank god! So that's why, I'm "slightly" optimistic. Man, that "Cling, Cling mix" just left a sour taste in me from Cosmic (that track was horrible) and I considered Cosmic to be their worst album, imo. So I welcome the new songs, and no album mixes. The rest of the tracks I can do without, basically. And having album mixes (is being lazy to me), we can agree to disagree. Or even an album of ALL new material, is the way to go. We can agree on that. You hear that Amuse...or management? Lol. And I hope the single is not another "atmospheric", sub-standard Nakata track. The guy has been on that roll lately, which I don't like very much. He needs to re-listen to GAME up to JPN again...his best works, arguably.

Really? I actually enjoy the album mix to Cling Cling more than the original most of the time lol. Though it's always interesting reading different opinions. I think yours is the first I've seen that's taken a welcoming approach to not having any album mixes. I will agree though that out of all their albums CE is low on my list as well. (most of the album is pretty forgettable in my opinion).

Definitely agree that GAME and JPN were his best works. I feel that once we hear Let Me Know we'll be able to get more of a feel of the overall tone of the album. I can't ever seem to get it w/ the singles alone.

I think Let Me Know will either be a sultry "I just want to know how you feel" 575 meets Take Me Take Me kinda song (would be quite pleased with that), or it'll be a more instrumentally pleasing, grown up, sassier Daijobanai.
Fushizen Na Girl
Wishing for the best
Wishing for the best

Postby L1ght7 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:37 am

Inmylife82 wrote:
Fushizen Na Girl wrote:

I totally agree about GAME/JPN. Nakata needs to take a long re-listen to those songs. Those are the songs that made Perfume successful. Regardless of whether fans think JPN was a mistake with only 4 brand new songs (with one being an into ("The Opening") and another being "Toki No Hari" which sounded like it was such a last minute song added), it was still their best-selling album to date. From what I have seen on YouTube, the shows were AMAZING :love: (especially Yoyogi DISCO Mix - I really wish they would release that song), and every Perfume team member was only focused on making Perfume successful.

Now it seems like Amuse is only interested in seeing how much money they can milk out of the Perfume brand before they inevitably become irrelevant, and Nakata seems well aware of this, releasing songs under the Perfume name that sound more like something that should have been on Digital Native. Nakata seems more concerned with his own career more than Perfume's at this point. I can only hope that the new songs we haven't heard on Future Pop will break this trend, but I honestly don't see that happening. I love Perfume, and I really hope that they will stay relevant for as long as they possibly can, but I can see Future Pop being towards the end of their careers: especially if Amuse doesn't try to more aggressively market Perfume in the US and elsewhere overseas and get their music back to the former glory that it used to be at. I mean there is even a division of Amuse headquartered in the US in charge of all of Perfume's North and South American tours and merch. They have no reason not to be more aggressively marketing them in the US unless they have given up.

Like I said before, I really want the best for Perfume, but something needs to change or they won't be around much longer. Both their album and single sales have been declining since the end of the Level3 era, and its heavily apparent why. They lost their charm with their songs that they used to have. Their current songs aren't bad, they just are no longer unique, and that's what drew so many people to them in the first place.
L1ght7
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Postby elevator » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:17 pm

L1ght7 wrote: Regardless of whether fans think JPN was a mistake with only 4 brand new songs (with one being an into ("The Opening") and another being "Toki No Hari" which sounded like it was such a last minute song added), it was still their best-selling album to date.

I thought that Perfume's best-selling album is famously GAME - it was reported certified Double Platinum for the shipment of 500,000 albums, never been quite sure how that works, given that reported sales of GAME are even now 23K short of 500K! :) According to the Generasia website, which I find to be usually reliable, total reported sales are 476,927 for GAME, 354,095 for JPN and 331,227 for Triangle. All a bit geeky (apologies!), doesn't really affect your arguments! :)

Your comments are very interesting. About the global project, I have been feeling for some time that Amuse are giving up on it.... There were the comments by A~Chan in Perfume's "Happy Holidays" message (24 Dec 2017, with English subs) telling us that if we want Perfume to visit overseas we will have to ask for it, as "there are adults to persuade here, you know" - I think she may have been giving us a none too subtle message. And then there are the appalling changes, announced a month or two before that, to the WPTA subscription system which seem to have been made without any concern that a high proportion of the existing WPTA membership would be totally shut out and/or alienated. Whereas I think the original low cost WPTA was a genuine attempt to engage with overseas fans and develop their support of Perfume, the new arrangment seems to throw all that out of the window and and is pretty much concerned with maximising the money extracted, and the support of the overseas fans is pretty much disposable.
Last edited by elevator on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby Fushizen Na Girl » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Fushizen Na Girl
Wishing for the best
Wishing for the best

Next

Return to Perfume Music