Thoughts on dress comissions

Because Perfume fans are also artists.

Moderator: manuel

Thoughts on dress comissions

Postby CourtneyKissMe » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:05 am

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had made any perfume costume/outfits! I am a cosplayer so making costumes is a fun hobby for me, yet expensive. But i was just wondering if anyone else had any outfit ideas ect!

NOTE: My brain is spewing words on here after this point!

i was thinking once my sewing skills got good i may try to pattern out and make the Magic of Love dresses!

But while i was in the fashion district a few weeks ago here in LA I found almost the EXACT (if not exact) same fabric as Nocchi's zig zag dress in both the brown and pink colors!

p.s. my bias is Nocchi.. so i got REAL excited when i saw the fabric!

and then all i would need would be a pattern: Probably pattern (C)
maybe this one

and some thicker orange material for up and down the sides of the sleeves!

Debated on taking commissions for the nocchi zig zag dress.. although i'm not sure about my skill .. i mean i can sew and have a machine.. i just would want to make a good quality product of course.

id probably charge of course the cost for materials and shipping(depending on where its shipped to), and as for cost of labor ect.. i think if i did one.. my first order would be what ever they could afford.. just to see if i can make one properly.. and if not they will get a refund for the cost of labor and shipping.

I dont know! So many thoughts going through my head!
Perfume fan by day.. perfume fan by night! <3 Perfume Fan since 2009!
CourtneyKissMe
Indies Member
Indies Member

Re: Thoughts on dress comissions

Postby b_ry29 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:31 pm

You sound ambitious to getting a Magic of Love outfit done. If you like to cosplay a lot, you should definitely consider doing it yourself. Even if you feel like it won't be as good compared to others. The point is not to be the best, but to show your love for something I would think. For WT3rd, I wanted to buy a perfume shirt but I thought, I could come up with an idea and pay someone to make it real. Finally, I decided I would do everything myself, even though it wouldn't be as good as if I had taken it to a professional. I had lots of fun and challenging moments but I enjoy the fact that I did everything myself. Gives me the freedom of making all the decisions myself. <-- not as easy but it's still good to get opinions from others.

CourtneyKissMe wrote:p.s. my bias is Nocchi..

I am a little too
Early Perfume Timeline
Suiyoubi no Campanella scans
―― You’re too young for your brain cells to be dying!
A~chan: A~chan’s are already on the way to death!
b_ry29
at the edge
at the edge

Postby CourtneyKissMe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:39 am

b_ry29 wrote:You sound ambitious to getting a Magic of Love outfit done. If you like to cosplay a lot, you should definitely consider doing it yourself. Even if you feel like it won't be as good compared to others. The point is not to be the best, but to show your love for something I would think. For WT3rd, I wanted to buy a perfume shirt but I thought, I could come up with an idea and pay someone to make it real. Finally, I decided I would do everything myself, even though it wouldn't be as good as if I had taken it to a professional. I had lots of fun and challenging moments but I enjoy the fact that I did everything myself. Gives me the freedom of making all the decisions myself. <-- not as easy but it's still good to get opinions from others.

CourtneyKissMe wrote:p.s. my bias is Nocchi..

I am a little too

Like i've got the fabric and everything.. but since i've cut out the patterns... the zig zags dont match up.. and my brain is liKe "NO EVERYTHING IS WRONG NOW! START OVER IT MUST BE PERFECT!" but im like on a time crunch!
CourtneyKissMe
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby b_ry29 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:09 am

I can very much relate to that feeling. If I ever do get like that, I try to take a break and problem solve later so I don't do anything irrational which I would later regret. It's tough when your mind is on overdrive and you don't have time
to waste on a break though. Had a similar situation this week. I'm working on stencils and I realized I invested too so much time only to see that they are too small. I was going to do them over again but there wasn't time for that. Eventually got it to work though. Maybe you can too if you can fit in some time for a break. I would recommend it.
Early Perfume Timeline
b_ry29
at the edge
at the edge

Postby CourtneyKissMe » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:46 am

b_ry29 wrote:I can very much relate to that feeling. If I ever do get like that, I try to take a break and problem solve later so I don't do anything irrational which I would later regret. It's tough when your mind is on overdrive and you don't have time
to waste on a break though. Had a similar situation this week. I'm working on stencils and I realized I invested too so much time only to see that they are too small. I was going to do them over again but there wasn't time for that. Eventually got it to work though. Maybe you can too if you can fit in some time for a break. I would recommend it.

Yeah i've taken a few days off to just focus on work but tomorrow i'm gonna run by the fashion district and get some white fabric and just measure and paint out the zig zags.. cause then it cant go wrong! and hopefully get it done in time for the show! + i have a cosplay con to go to halloween weekend so i'll be real busy.
CourtneyKissMe
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby b_ry29 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:01 am

Well, I hope you can complete it in time. I don't think I could get anything done with the time I have been putting in work for some extra money. The bright side is now I might have enough to purchase one of each merch item when they sell them.
Early Perfume Timeline
b_ry29
at the edge
at the edge

Return to Creative Corner