What’s with the frontpage, upcoming releases?

Create topics or polls about the fansite or contents related to Perfume City or Forums stuff.

Moderator: manuel

What’s with the frontpage, upcoming releases?

Postby rofl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:03 am

Sweet Refrain isn’t even there, and Level3 is still “upcoming”?

-r
rofl
Electro World Inhabitant
Electro World Inhabitant

Re: What’s with the frontpage, upcoming releases?

Postby rewak » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:35 pm

No one who's active has access, Meirin was the only one who could edit the frontpage and slimjackson hasn't handed over to anyone when she disappeared, much like the forum.
rewak

Postby rofl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Wow, that’s a pity. Hope it will eventually work out. Thankx for the answer.

-r
rofl
Electro World Inhabitant
Electro World Inhabitant

Postby elevator » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Someone modified the frontpage about two months ago, changing the header to the present LEVEL3 themed one and updating "upcoming releases", the first change for a very long time, so it is certainly all very confusing. :?
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:39 am

I see someone has slightly tweeked the frontpage in the last few days. It's a bit more interesting, but the recent-releases column is still six months out of date. Sigh....
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby b_ry29 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:17 am

elevator wrote:I see someone has slightly tweeked the frontpage in the last few days. It's a bit more interesting, but the recent-releases column is still six months out of date. Sigh....

Noticed not long ago the site wasn't loading properly and I thought it was strange. I asked someone else and found out I wasn't the only one experiencing that... :|

Though I thought maybe it has something to do with someone tinkering with the site? I checked the front page and I see the upcoming release is up to date. Hmmm...
Early Perfume Timeline
Suiyoubi no Campanella scans
―― You’re too young for your brain cells to be dying!
A~chan: A~chan’s are already on the way to death!
b_ry29
at the edge
at the edge

Postby elevator » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:11 am

b_ry29 wrote:....Though I thought maybe it has something to do with someone tinkering with the site? I checked the front page and I see the upcoming release is up to date. Hmmm...

It's really great that the upcoming release column is now up-to-date. I do hope this will be an ongoing thing. The front page is looking so much more alive now. :D
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby Meirin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:19 am

I only explained this to b_ry29 because he PM'd me a while ago, but for anyone else that wants to know:

I was responsible (and continue to be) for updating the Perfume City frontpage. The reason parts of the page seemed to be neglected was due to an unknown glitch in the website that caused my updated to not be published. For example although I did update the "upcoming/latest release" sidebar, the updates did not publish to the public. This went undetected for probably well over a year because when I was logged in the updates were there, but when I was logged out (which is the public view), they were not updated. I apologize for not fixing it sooner.

In any case, I will continue to update the front page.
Team KARAfume!
For the latest news, follow Perfume City on Twitter!
Ask a question
Meirin
Dream Fighter
Dream Fighter

Postby Sammoniac » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:35 pm

Meirin wrote:I only explained this to b_ry29 because he PM'd me a while ago, but for anyone else that wants to know:

I was responsible (and continue to be) for updating the Perfume City frontpage. The reason parts of the page seemed to be neglected was due to an unknown glitch in the website that caused my updated to not be published. For example although I did update the "upcoming/latest release" sidebar, the updates did not publish to the public. This went undetected for probably well over a year because when I was logged in the updates were there, but when I was logged out (which is the public view), they were not updated. I apologize for not fixing it sooner.

In any case, I will continue to update the front page.

Thank you so much for fixing the problem! The website definitely looks more alive now :D
フルーツケーキ
Sammoniac
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen

Postby elevator » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Thank you very much for your ongoing work on the Front Page, Meirin. It is much appreciated. :)
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby elevator » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Not sure where to post this, but as this seems to have become the "Front Page" thread, I'll put it here.

The menu on the Front Page leads to some URL errors which really need to be corrected.

If from the Front Page menu you choose "Information", you are taken to a page entitled "Perfume Information Point" which is basically a list of hyperlinks to Perfume archive material. However all of the links which relate to material held within the Perfume City website fail to work. The problem seems to be that you are taken to the old perfume.ekuseru.net subdomain and not to perfume-city.com . If you edit the failed URLs to replace "perfume.ekuseru.net" with "perfume-city.com", you will then be taken to the archived page.

It should be noted that the modified URL to which you are taken will have been further corrected automatically. If the incorrect URL had contained /articles/ , this will have been deleted. If the incorrect URL had not contained /info/, this will have been inserted to immediately follow perfume-city.com . I mention this in case the automatic correction ceases to operate at some future time, in which case these further corrections will also have to made manually.

There is a further source of archive material which is not directly accessible from the Front Page menu. If you go to the URL http://perfume-city.com/photo/gallery, this takes you to a page which has some errors on it but which also has a number of working buttons/links which take you to numerous collections of Perfume photographs, which I feel are very valuable, even though they are bit of a "job lot" and many images are not very large.... I personally think that "Photo Gallery" should be incorporated as a further tab in the menu on the Front Page. It was present as a menu tab in an earlier version. The fact that these Photo Gallery pages have errors at the top would, I am sure, be unimportant to most users.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby Meirin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:36 am

elevator, thanks for pointing that out! I went in and fixed all the URLs so hopefully there aren't any redirect errors. The info is kinda old, but interesting nonetheless. I think ekuseru intended on fixing it earlier during the website facelift back in 2011 or so but never got around to it.

I'm not too sure what to do with the photo gallery, as I don't have access to it (I can only manage the Wordpress areas). Although I can link to it, it's not in the best shape and clearly needs some maintenance as you cannot even access the full size images from the gallery. If I can get ahold of ekuseru I'll ask him about it, but for now I guess it's a secret on the forum lol.
Team KARAfume!
Ask a question
Meirin
Dream Fighter
Dream Fighter

Postby elevator » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:00 am

Very many thanks indeed, Meirin, for putting all those redirect errors right! That really is brilliant. :D It really is so great to see them working again. It's the very age of those old references that make them so interesting, I think. :)

With all its faults, the photo gallery really is a fascinating source. There are photos there that I've not seen anywhere else. I sometimes find myself resorting to using the browser functions to enlarge images and then taking screenshots.... :) Not ideal, but in a way the difficulty makes one appreciate them more!
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby b_ry29 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:31 pm

The front page was updated to reflect the new era and now says "INTERNATIONAL FANSITE" but only shows up if you are looking at the News Archives. It also only lasts until the 10th page. After, it reverts back to the outdated banner. This also applies to the Upcoming Releases column.

Early Perfume Timeline
Suiyoubi no Campanella scans
―― You’re too young for your brain cells to be dying!
A~chan: A~chan’s are already on the way to death!
b_ry29
at the edge
at the edge

Postby Meirin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:03 am

So today I tried to go through all the wordpress updates and clear the cache. At the moment it seems as the most recent updates are now showing (finally). I update the page for the CE release a few months ago, but maybe it wasn't showing because of wordpress errors.
Team KARAfume!
Ask a question
Meirin
Dream Fighter
Dream Fighter

Return to Perfume City