MANAGER'S VOICE

Perfume general discussion.

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

Re: MANAGER'S VOICE

Postby perfume444 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:44 am

this is kind of related..the up hill battle we have to face getting perfume popular out side of Japan
note how those kids react to K-pop music...not very encouraging
I am officially the stupidest Person in the whole wide worldBut I honor those that deserve it !
perfume444
Digital Member
Digital Member

Postby Abe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:49 am

In all fairness, those kids react like that to everything. They're trying to be funny for the show.
Abe
BUDOUKaaaaaaaaaaN!!!!!
BUDOUKaaaaaaaaaaN!!!!!

Postby SevenPetals » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 am

Lol, yea... i keep telling myself they HAVE to react that way to make it funny, but every time i watch that "show" it makes me want to hit some of those children... then i remind myself their just kids on a youtube channel..

I think they would react pretty positively to Perfume (that is the kids lol)
SevenPetals
Still loving you
Still loving you

Postby mi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:24 am

I just read Kashiyuka's post from March.. I wish the girls would do this more often! haha. I feel that the special benefits to PTA is great and all, but the girls could at least get twitter or something more publicly open to connect to more people.
mi
Major Debut Member
Major Debut Member

Postby Jenna » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 am

Eugh. Kids React... William makes me cringe every time he's on-screen. He strikes me as the kind of kid to have Smells like Teen Spirit on his iPod just to say he loves grunge music to impress people because wow so unique ur not like other kids!!! It's just kind of a swirling black cesspool of middle-class sheltered brattiness.

Except for Morgan. I love Morgan.

They're obviously playing it up to be funny but if a kid likes something, they'll say they like it. It's just that whenever faced with something from a different culture in a different language, the majority of them seem surprised or confused that something so weird exists, which reflects a lot of Americana these days, along with token "x-country's Lady Gaga" the minute something slightly off-kilter or bizarre shows up on their screens.

Perfume does have a sweeter, less-outlandish, more accessible image than most people associate K-pop/J-pop with, but I think the general public, at least in the United States, would listen to the music and go "nah, I don't understand what they're saying" and dismiss it then and there, which is sad, since Perfume (like most pop acts all over the world) is much more of an audio-visual product than just a handful of decent songs, but the language barrier is such a deep thing, it's probably the ultimate obstacle in any foreign act's, not even just Perfume's, worldwide expansion.
Jenna
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby shin_cchi » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:09 am

Wow thank you so much for the translations! I like reading about Perfume as much as I can :yahoo:
shin_cchi
Indies Member
Indies Member

Previous

Return to Perfume General