What does "P TA" mean?

Perfume general discussion.

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

What does "P TA" mean?

Postby Dr. Shades » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:22 pm

Dear participants,

I searched for the answer using the, uh, "Search" feature but didn't find anything. So here's my question:

I know that "P TV" means "Perfume Television. But in the "Museum of the Future" video, the protagonist has the characters "P TA" where his eyes should be. What does "P TA" stand for?

Many thanks in advance!
Dr. Shades
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Re: What does "P TA" mean?

Postby elevator » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:03 am

Dr. Shades wrote:I know that "P TV" means "Perfume Television. But in the "Museum of the Future" video, the protagonist has the characters "P TA" where his eyes should be. What does "P TA" stand for?

Hi, welcome! :)

PTA is the name by which the official Perfume Fanclub is known. The initials stand for "Perfume to Anata", which translated means "Perfume and You". You can see the official PTA logo at the top of this login page: http://www.perfume-web.jp/login/

The FanClub now exists in two incarnations. The original PTA was conceived for people living in Japan, but some very determined fans outside Japan also became members as well. And then subsequently the World PTA was launched for people living outside Japan, and you can see a link to the World PTA login at the bottom of the page I quote above.

The video for Mirai no Museum included a number of clever references, some of them more subtle than others!

However the answer about what PTA means may be even more complicated than this. In all their concerts, Perfume have a section called "PTA Corner" which is one of the interactions with the audience, this one always in the second half of the concert. In my naivety I had always assumed that this use of "PTA" was another reference to the Fan Club, but apparently it isn't and allegedly it is something else again - however, as you can tell, I am very vague about this and I hope someone else can explain why "PTA Corner" is so called.... :? :shock:

EDIT: I have discovered that there is a YouTube video that explains about "PTA Corner" and it seems the meaning of PTA in this case is indeed different! :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_05w2AUl4
In full apparently, "PTA Corner" is "Patto Tanoshiku Asoboo no corner" in Japanese, which translates as "The corner of enjoying yourself in a flash" - according to the video.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby Dr. Shades » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:57 am

Wow, THANK YOU, elevator! I appreciate the very detailed reply.

I will peruse each of those links A.S.A.P.

Cheers,
"Dr. Shades"
Dr. Shades
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Postby myAya » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:19 am

very gud explanation elevator.
everybody knows?

on the slow boat from Timbuktu with a smile from Perfume
myAya
Electro World native