A~Chan in London!

Discuss topics specific to A-chan here

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

A~Chan in London!

Postby Charlie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:54 pm

http://www.tfm.co.jp/lock/perfume/onair/2012/1011/

All I have to say is WHAT WHY HOW and WHEN?

Does anybody know because I have no more information at all.
Charlie
Electro World Inhabitant
Electro World Inhabitant

Re: A~Chan in London!

Postby ojisan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Perfume Locks Oct 11th 2012

13 hours flight to UK gave me a pain in my low back and legs. I did not find any favorite food during the stay and my body weight decreased 2 kg when I came back to Japan.

I did city sightseeing by a double‐decker bus. London streets were beautiful. I felt very cold as the temperature was 5 to 6 degrees. And I saw a mummy in a museum.

You know, a local people addressed me in the street, “Are you Perfume? Oh,great!” I was very happy to find the fact that there was someone who knows me in the foreign country.
ojisan
Macaronic
Macaronic

Postby sarah89 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:03 am

OHMIGODOHMIGOD :shock:

When was this?! And more importantly, why couldn't I have just happened to be down in London at the time and met her? :| :lol:
sarah89
Loving You
Loving You

Postby elevator » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:18 am

Thank you for the translation, ojisan! It sounds as if she was in London quite recently if it was cold. But I don't think it has been quite as cold as 5 or 6 degrees (centigrade, one assumes) which would be about 41 to 43 degrees Fahrenheit, tho' doubtless it probably seemed like it! :) Temperatures in the last month have been below the seasonal average, but not to that extent.

So pleased someone recognised her! I hope she had a great time. In the last couple of months I've been around some of the places A~Chan visited - now, if only....
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby sarah89 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 am

I'm quite amused that she didn't like any of the food over here xD I'm just trying to picture A-chan in a pub eating a roast dinner or fish and chips now... :rofl:
And it's great that she was recognised by someone, a nice little bit of encouragement for their international ambitions. I would imagine there's a good chance quite a few people recognised her and just weren't sure whether to approach her or not?

elevator wrote:It sounds as if she was in London quite recently if it was cold. But I don't think it has been quite as cold as 5 or 6 degrees (centigrade, one assumes) which would be about 41 to 43 degrees Fahrenheit, tho' doubtless it probably seemed like it! :) Temperatures in the last month have been below the seasonal average, but not to that extent..

Yeah, I was thinking this lol... though I can imagine anyone who isn't used to the cold that we are here must find it horrible :lol:
sarah89
Loving You
Loving You

Postby ojisan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:10 am

If my memory is correct, there was a "rumor" in a Japanese net that she was in London in late September.
BTW, fish and chips with English local beer is my favorite. :wink:
ojisan
Macaronic
Macaronic

Postby sarah89 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:45 am

ojisan wrote:If my memory is correct, there was a "rumor" in a Japanese net that she was in London in late September.
BTW, fish and chips with English local beer is my favorite. :wink:

So probably two or three weeks ago... cool! :yeah: And you have good taste I must say, ojisan. :xd:
sarah89
Loving You
Loving You

Postby _920608 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:27 am

Maybe she was going around at night?, because it isn't that cold just yet lol. Can't believe she came here and lost weight!.

It's annoying that she was right here and no one knew! I can't imagine just walking and seeing a~chan in some random shop.
_920608
Dream Fighter
Dream Fighter

Postby Charlie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:49 am

Wow thank you for the translation ojisan!

I wonder who she went there with though, because she couldn't have gone alone? But maybe we'll never know that :(
Charlie
Electro World Inhabitant
Electro World Inhabitant

Postby yoshimi » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:42 am

_920608 wrote:Maybe she was going around at night?, because it isn't that cold just yet lol. Can't believe she came here and lost weight!.

I thought she meant that she gained weight from her stay there? I read "my body weight decreased 2kg when I came back to Japan" as her saying that once she got back home, she lost the 2kg that she gained during her vacation. :hm:

I'm glad she ran into someone who recognized her! I've seen a lot of fans who live near London that were upset over the fact that they missed out on meeting her, so at least she knows there are people in the UK who are aware of her/Perfume.

And thanks to ojisan for the translations, as usual. :yeah:
♪ uchuustation @ last.fm, f-ckyeahystk (click the banner) ♪
yoshimi
Toshiko Fan
Toshiko Fan

Postby elevator » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:52 am

_920608 wrote:Maybe she was going around at night?, because it isn't that cold just yet lol.

Ah, a good thought - the picture taken at Piccadilly in front of Eros was obviously sometime in the evening/night as all the lights are on and blazing.

I wonder how many of us, when in London, will be tempted to visit the locations visited by A~Chan, just as folk do in Japan for the locations in the Macaroni video.... :) I don't know the statue she is seated on - but don't you just love the hand on her shoulder!
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby ojisan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 pm

I feel like talking too much on this topic, but let me put together information.

There was a "rumor" in a Japanese internet that A-chan was in London in late September. Sep 30th, Chris Peppler, a radio personality in Japan, mentioned in his radio program, TOKYO HOT 100 (aired every Sunday in Tokyo) that A-chan visited London, Kashiyuka visited New York and Nocchi visited Kyoto.

Oct 11th, A-chan talked about her vacation in Perfume LOCKS.
(I listened to what A-chan said again carefully. This is a detailed translation.)

I visited London as my summer vacation with a female friend whose job is a photographer.
13 hours flight to UK gave me a pain in my low back and legs. When I went outside the airport, I was surprised it was cold and the temperature was 5 to 6 degrees C.

I did not find any favorite food and lost 2 kg in my weight during my stay in London. My favorite is Japanese food.

I did city sightseeing by a double‐decker bus. London streets were beautiful. And I saw mummies in a museum. I took pictures of them and e-mailed to Nocchi because she hopes to go to Egypt someday.

You know, a local people addressed me in the street, “Are you Perfume? Oh,great!” with pronunciation in British. I couldn’t understand the pronunciation, but my friend who had lived in London translated into Japanese. I was very happy to find the fact that there was someone who knows me in the foreign country.
ojisan
Macaronic
Macaronic

Postby elevator » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Thank you very much, ojisan, that is brilliant! So the low temperature was outside the airport (one guesses possibly in middle of night, tho' it still seems a bit low!) Oh goodness, I was at the British Museum so recently, but not quite late Sept, looking at the mummies among other things.... :|

Who knows, perhaps there might be some pictures from Kashi in New York and Nocchi in Kyoto to emerge.... Ever hopeful.... :)
Last edited by elevator on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby rewak » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Kashi being in NY is up in the air because we know she was actually in Hawaii with Kozue Akimoto, there's some pictures of them on her blog HERE. Whether she went on a second holiday is unknown, but given how busy they got i'd be surprised if she did. It wouldn't surprise me if they do string this segment out over the next 2 weeks, each member talking about their holiday, it'd be nice :)
rewak

Postby elevator » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:27 pm

rewak wrote:Kashi being in NY is up in the air because we know she was actually in Hawaii with Kozue Akimoto....

Ah, had forgotten about that - immediately after the Okinawa concert, if I recall. Poor A~Chan taking her "summer vacation" in late September London, but I guess it was slightly less crowded for getting around and sight-seeing. I wonder how long her stay was - hopefully not too short if she lost 4.4 lb weight while she was here! I hope Kashi did get to go to NY as well as Hawaii.
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Return to Nishiwaki Ayaka (A-chan)