A-Chans radio show

Discuss topics specific to A-chan here

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

Re: A-Chans radio show

Postby Sweet Fragrance » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:52 pm

That message from MIKIKO sansei is really touching,which makes me love her and respect her more <3
Sweet Fragrance
See no evil
See no evil

Postby ojisan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:08 am

Rough script of A-chan radio (Oct 9, 2014): Part 1/2

A-chan: Following last week’s program, today’s guest is also Seki Kazuaki-san, movie director, who has been working with Perfume for no less than 10 years.

Seki-san: Konbanwa (Good evening)!

A: (Big laugh) Someone who only listens to today’s program might mistake you.

S: I don’t think so at all.

A: Unexpectedly someone who meets you for the first time may think you are very scary.

S: Sometimes people say I am cool (or cynical).

A: Why can you say so? (laugh) You are far from it!

S: I am just good-heated guy.

A: You have been kind since early days. You keep listening to other people till the end of her story. If people worry about something, you notice it and tell her something when there is no other person. You are very thoughtful.

A: Last week we talked about many things related to our MVs. We noticed there were so many things to ask each other.

S: After the last week’s talk, I came to be interested in Perfume’s spirits in a dressing room. For example, I want to know what goods in a dressing room make Perfume feel good or comfortable when you must do hard work.

A: Everything is ready in a dressing room. Slippers, bathrobes, drinks, especially many kinds of fruit juice. Seki-san team has a good sense of selecting sweets. They buy a lot of sweets in yellow plastic bags and serve us little by little. I eat chocolate. I like sweets. Yuka-chan likes salty foods and snacks, such as Osenbei (rice snack) very much. As for Oomoto-san, depending on her mood of each day, she prefers something nutritious.

S: So foods are your favorite?

A: Yes and the latest issue of magazines. You know, especially travel magazines make me dream of strange places where I cannot go.

S: What is three girls’ common favorite?

A: Ice. And I do not feel comfortable in a dressing room with many mirrors. I am afraid of coupled mirrors. So I put a towel over a mirror.

S: Or it might be a good idea to prepare two rooms with and without mirrors.

A: Indeed.

A: We have known each for at least ten years. During that period we have seen each other and that’s why let me ask you a question. That is for our future marriage partners. What kind/type of man do you think we will or should marry?

S: Tough question to answer. If I am allowed to say something, A-chan seems to marry an older man than you. I don’t imagine you will marry a younger man.

A: Agree. Younger is just younger. It reminds me of my little brother.

S: Not a serious man but a humorist with wide interests. Seems like he works very hard from Monday to Friday and enjoys private life from Saturday to Sunday.

A: How about Nocchi’s spouse?

S: Contrary to you, a younger man with a big dream or kind of a big mouth. I can imagine she says “Great!” listening to his story.

A: Although you cannot imagine, Nocchi is a type of women who says “Beautiful!” in a flower garden. She is girlish.

S: My image of Nocchi is孫悟空Sun Wu Kong who can do anything and she looks graceful as a child.

A: How about Yukachan’s?

S: I get along with Kahiyuka-san although we have disputed in a studio. She looks like a cat. Maybe she would be a best house keeper. I can imagine she tells her husband “I will make breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and work at laundry. Instead, you must clean our house.”

A: She is intellectual.

S: Her future-husband will not depend on her completely but he might follow her.

A: I can imagine she will suddenly marry a millionaire. If that happened, Nocchi and I must find our spouses immediately because we promise our three weddings will be held for three straight days.

(To be continued)
ojisan
Macaronic
Macaronic

Postby elevator » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:04 am

Thank you very much, ojisan, for the great translation! I really enjoyed reading it! :)

Obviously Seki-san and A~chan know each other very well, and of course Nocchi and Kashi too, and so beneath the humour about marriage partners, I think there will be some very insightful comments!

I really look forward to the continuation! :)
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby ojisan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Rough script of A-chan radio (Oct 9, 2014): Part 2/2

Seki-san: When you move to another apartment or buy something, do you ask for other member’s advice?

A-chan: I do but two girls have decided themselves.

A: As for Polyrhythm MV, I have never seen such many close-ups of member’s face in our MVs. It has been aired many times these days. I am embarrassed and would like you to produce it again if possible. Seki-san, do you have any memories of the MV?

S: “Polyrhythm” is repeated in the song. First impression was strong.

A: I saw as much as 60 goods were thrown from right to left side in the studio. But in the end most of them were not appeared in the MV.

S: CG operation was difficult for all of them to appear.(laugh)

A: I thought so. (Laugh)

A: This is a question from Yuka-chan. What do you want to produce with Perfume if you do not need to consider money and CM related restrictions?

S: The first thing for human beings. For example Perfume flying in the sky or sinking under the sea, or playing with dolphins. Many things will not be allowed to do. But I want to see Perfume hanging in the air. Maybe I will be able to make many ideas.

A: Flying in the sky is marvelous.

S: Isn’t it nice that Perfume flies in the next MV?

A: You mean that “Perfume flies in a new single and the title is SKY.”

A: What is your favorite video?

S: The videos I saw when I was young are still impressive. Of them Michel Jackson is great. Practically speaking, my favorite one is such as “Black or White.”

A: Considering the time when the MV was produced, it is incredible one. I have never thought you said “Michel.” I thought you prefer niche and subculture one.

A: I first met you when you designed our CD jacket. It is your first experience as a director, isn’t it?

S: You are right. I worked for a company which designed CD jackets. I learned skills on the job. When the offer came, I volunteered for the director and got the job.

A: I was very surprised to hear that later. Even though it was an indie song, you got a big promotion at the time.

S: Perfume and all the staff followed my instructions.

A: Indeed, we made poses as you requested.

A: What do you think Perfume will do five and ten years later?

S: Five years later Perfume will be the first singer who goes into space.

A: We used to say we want to have a show on Mars in future.

S: Ten years later, three girls will get married and still perform as madam unit.

A: So we will become family-oriented band. It is great if we could still dance at that time.

A: What does Perfume mean to you?

S: It is a big story to explain. Perfume and I have been working together since we were young. We get older and grow up together. If I say “My family,” you will be embarrassed. So I dare to say, “Perfume is my life” if you do not mind.

A: Very happy. I will tell other two your answer. I do not know when a next song will be released but I would like to ask your support at that time. Seki-san, thank you for coming.

Epilogue (a-chan dialogue)

Seki-san said the cool thing in the end. He said with a shy smile “Perfume is my life” and got red in the face. I am thinking the same thing too.

As we grow up together, I thought he should have been evaluated more. Now his achievements are praised and he has won many prizes. Japanese and overseas artists ask him to work together. I feel very proud of him.

But when he got a big prize for the MV of Sakanaction-san, we thought “Hey!! Why not for us?” As a result, he could win it owing to Sakanaction-san. We understand it because we are also fans of Sakanaction-san. (laugh)

We would like to keep challenging with Seki-san.

[end]
ojisan
Macaronic
Macaronic

Postby Sweet Fragrance » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Thank you very much ojisan,it was really enjoyable to read this translation :D
Sweet Fragrance
See no evil
See no evil

Postby elevator » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:48 am

Thank you very much, ojisan, for both parts of the translation! :bravo: Very enjoyable and interesting. Much appreciated. :)

It is a very touching end to their chat, where Seki-san says Perfume is his life (having also hinted at "my family") and he went red, as A~chan tells us. It is good that his achievements are being recognised. I believe it was Seki-san who designed the Perfume "logo".
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby putraditio » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:37 pm

This is essential and very enjoyable tranlation,thx a lot! Essential because they talked about going to space,lol,but wow really..
been waiting for A~chan radio show translation to see the content til now.
putraditio
BitterSweet Member
BitterSweet Member

Postby ojisan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:56 am

elevator wrote: I believe it was Seki-san who designed the Perfume "logo".

Seki-san said in an interview at the release of Perfume Clips that he had designed Perfume logo.
ojisan
Macaronic
Macaronic

Postby ojisan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:07 am

A partial script of A-chan radio (Aug. 7, 2014, Guest is 石田彰 Ishida Akira).

A famous voice actor in Japan asked her a very interesting question directly and she answered referring to Nakata-san in the radio.

(When he requested a Perfume song, she noticed the word “PSPS” in his note.)

A-chan (A): Oh, you wrote PSPS! You are the person who is in the deep. We have found the name of the song is abbreviated as PSPS recently. We write it out when we decide a tracking listing for a show because we don’t use PSPS.

Ishida-san (I): As I said last week, when I became a Perfume fan, I got most of all information from the net where many abbreviations were used. So I didn’t know what PSPS stands for at first.

(Upon request of Ishida-san, PSPS was played.)

A: I hear you have something about the song.

I: I am very lucky to be here and meet you. I believe such opportunity like this never happen again to me. Therefore I would like to ask you one thing.

A: You do not to need to think so. Let’s meet again. (Laugh)

I: There is a common interpretation of the lyrics of PSPS among fans in the net.

A: Oh! Really?

I: PSPS is included in Complete Best as only a new song, isn’t it? Apologize if I would offend you, but some fans think this means Perfume will be disbanded after releasing the best album. That’s why Yasutaka-san thought of their future and delivered his message to the three poor girls. His message is “You were perfect stars at that time. I still have your all CDs.”

A: Goose-bumpy! Is it true?

I: If you say so, my question is completed.

A: (Big laugh)

I: My question is “Did you have the same feeling for PSPS at that time?”

A: I have not imagined such a story for the song. However, even though this is the first album, the tile is already “complete best”. I heard fans around us worry about our breakup. This is the story of 2006. We worked very hard in Indies era but then wondered if Amuse would spend their money for our next promotion. We have some feelings in our hearts. But I haven’t thought PSPS has such a deep meaning for our future.

I: Listening to what you said about Nakata-san, he doesn’t seem to care for Perfume in his daily life.

A: Perhaps, looks like he is not interested in Perfume. (Laugh)

I: I cannot understand why such a person could make such lyrics?

A: It sounds possible. Although Nakata-san is so unfriendly and cold, he makes lyrics with full of love. Maybe I can imagine that he has an assistant cute little girl and she writes lyrics instead of him. He doesn’t express his feelings superficially, but in fact he might be No.1 fan who supports Perfume very much.

I: Super つんでれ Tsundere (People who looks cold but has a passion for something)

A: I have known him for a long time but he is still mysterious.

I: The interpretation is so perfect to me I would like to believe it is a true story as a fan; Perfume is carefully fostered by Nakata-san. Anyway, I needed courage to ask you such a question.

[End]
ojisan
Macaronic
Macaronic

Postby dukdukgoos » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:38 am

Thank you ojisan for these translations! Very interesting indeed!
dukdukgoos
Ceramic girl
Ceramic girl

Postby whoremaster » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Thanks for the awesome translation.
whoremaster
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby Sweet Fragrance » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Really interesting translation,thanks for posting it :)
Sweet Fragrance
See no evil
See no evil

Postby elevator » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:04 am

Thank you, ojisan, for the very interesting translation. And thank you for confirming what I half-remembered about Seki-san designing the Perfume logo. All much appreciated! :)

"Perfume - Complete Best" has always sounded like a farewell title to me, and I like to believe that Nakata-san intentionally chose the title "Perfect Star Perfect Style" in this context. I suspect he is very fond of Perfume, but it is just not his style to show such things. He is obviously a very complex person. Certainly I think he is still as committed as ever to working with Perfume.

But it seems really weird that there is apparently only one photograph in the public domain of Perfume with Nakata!
elevator
Choreographer MIKIKO
Choreographer MIKIKO

Postby putraditio » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:12 am

elevator wrote:But it seems really weird that there is apparently only one photograph in the public domain of Perfume with Nakata!

Wow i just realize that..
Nakata could've take more photo with Perfume to get even more publicity if he want to..
putraditio
BitterSweet Member
BitterSweet Member

Postby EnsignFan88 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Any news of any subs?? A-Chan is very vocal and I would really like to know how she runs her own radio show!! :lol:
Love the world!! Perfume is best!
EnsignFan88
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Postby MonkyTimeBucketBalls » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:58 am

Although I'm glad for A-chans's radio show and find it interesting as well as entertaining, it also makes me a little sad to think this could be the beginning of Perfume retiring.
MonkyTimeBucketBalls
Polyrhythmic
Polyrhythmic

Postby skh1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:02 am

Well, it's been almost a year and a half since A~chan started her own radio show. Does anyone have an idea of how it's going? Is she getting decent ratings?

Latest installment courtesy fishtail 1990
skh1
Linear Motor Fan
Linear Motor Fan

Postby myAya » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:47 am

fishtail 1990 rebroadcasts the show. Looking at his youtube webpage to see the views, look at the video views number to see what people think of it's popularity.

7 months ago 1,437 views

6 months ago 11,262 views

6 months ago 4,901 views

6 months ago 5,503 views

6 months ago 10,019 views

6 months ago 6,630 views

5 months ago 4,803 views

5 months ago 13,656 views

5 months ago 9,516 views

5 months ago 7,378 views

5 months ago 6,700 views

4 months ago 9,202 views

4 months ago 7,325 views

4 months ago 26,496 views

4 months ago 14,216 views

4 months ago 26,930 views

3 months ago 19,388 views

3 months ago 5,014 views

3 months ago 4,516 views

3 months ago 4,625 views

2 months ago 4,708 views

2 months ago 3,406 views

2 months ago 4,084 views

2 months ago 10,374 views

2 months ago 5,101 views

1 month ago 4,017 views

1 month ago 3,426 views

1 month ago 2,194 views

1 month ago 3,537 views

3 weeks ago 6,371 views

2 weeks ago 6,625 views

1 week ago 3,302 views

6 days ago 2,708 views

I think the numbers aren't so good. But I may be wrong, what do you think?
everybody knows?

on the slow boat from Timbuktu with a smile from Perfume
myAya
Electro World native
Electro World native

Postby Freedgy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:01 pm

I love A-Chan! She is my favorite of the threes. I REALLY want her radio-show to be subbed because I want to understand what she says! ^^ I'm learning Japanese but it's not at the appropriate level for this. :P
Kashiyuka desu, A-Chan desu, Nocchi desu, Freedgy desu, yon nin awasete PERFUME DESU, yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
Freedgy
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

Postby DBergkamp » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:07 am

http://minominov.blog.fc2.com/archives.html

Awesome blog (especially for japanese learners) that transcribes a-chan's radio show. It's a great tool if you want to follow along.
DBergkamp
Hiroshima member
Hiroshima member

PreviousNext

Return to Nishiwaki Ayaka (A-chan)