Kashiyuka discussion

Discuss topics specific to Kashiyuka here

Moderators: manuel, Abe, rewak, goodlucksaturday, AlexShenmue

Re: Kashiyuka discussion

Postby Al27 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Marmalade_Disco wrote:I have to say that I never really had a favorite member of Perfume, for whatever reason... I think they all complement each other so well and when I try to pick my "favorite" I can never make a decision... So, I guess my favorite is all of them? XD

But I guess Kashiyuka did always appeal to me the most. I love her cute mini dresses and blunt-cut bangs so much it hurts. I mean, she's so cute! And she has a nice voice, of course, but they all do!

Kashiyuka is the one I am most attracted to just based on her looks and her personality in the TV shows
Al27
Indies Member
Indies Member

Postby myAya » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:11 am

She's nice.
everybody knows?

on the slow boat from Timbuktu with a smile from Perfume
myAya
Electro World native
Electro World native

Postby White-Asianboy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:23 am

I can't remember if this was already talked about, but I thought someone talked about her being a goth? This forum really needs searching to work again. Ne way I think her enjoying her dark side was the topic and somebody asked if she was a goth. It might b in 50 questions topic but idk i'll look. Edit: Nope not there, although that is where she said she enjoys her dark side. I could have sworn somebody asked that and it was discussed somewhere. Oh well. She does seem the type though, what with her personality and fashion sense. She doesn't need the face paint and black lipstick though cuz that would b a bit much n she looks better without it. Not to say she wouldn't look good with it, but you know she needs to maintain a certain image as a celebrity.
Kashiyuka: "We are the natural Super-Saiyans!"

Nappa: "Vegeta, what does the scouter say about their power levels?"

Vegeta: (3000 for you, for you and for you...) Their...THEIR OVER 9,000!!!!!!
White-Asianboy
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen

Postby Verstande » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:42 am

There's some pics where she's wearing full black hanging out with her friends or something, she looks kinda emo/goth. I forgot where those pics are but they shouldn't be hard to find.
Verstande
Electro World Inhabitant
Electro World Inhabitant

Postby b_ry29 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:16 am

White-Asianboy wrote:I can't remember if this was already talked about, but I thought someone talked about her being a goth?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2559&start=40#p317610

Maybe it was here? (you commented in this thread :P though it might not be this one since it doesn't specifically use the word "goth")

Early Perfume Timeline
Suiyoubi no Campanella scans
―― You’re too young for your brain cells to be dying!
A~chan: A~chan’s are already on the way to death!
b_ry29
at the edge
at the edge

Postby myAya » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:13 pm

I don't think any of Perfume is goth. Amy Lee looks Goth, Kashi doesn't.

Amy Lee
http://dark.pozadia.org/images/wallpapers/82772048/Gothic%20Girls/Amy%20Lee%204.jpg
everybody knows?

myAya
Electro World native
Electro World native

Postby White-Asianboy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:31 am

b_ry29 wrote:
White-Asianboy wrote:I can't remember if this was already talked about, but I thought someone talked about her being a goth?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2559&start=40#p317610

Maybe it was here? (you commented in this thread :P though it might not be this one since it doesn't specifically use the word "goth")

No that's not what I meant, tbh that doesn't even look like her at all. But maybe that was the point, to make herself less obvious to the press. Still doesn't look like her much, at least not her normal look. Anyway about the goth part...I could just be misremembering it but I guess it matters very little since it's been brought up by me lol.

If you really research Goth culture you kinda will see what I'm talking about.

Description of the Goth culture:
It is basically indefinable, because "Goth" means different things to each follower. Many adopt unusual fashions in order to separate themselves from other youth. Gordon A. Crews, associate dean of the School of Justice Studies at Roger Williams University in Bristol, CT is an investigator of what he calls the "occult" which-- in his opinion -- includes the Goth culture. He said:

"It is up to the individual to define what Goth is for themselves ... The mentality is, 'I want to be left alone but I want to be seen. I want to see the shock on other peoples' faces." 2

Some factors that are commonly observed are:

Its unique music, art and literature.(Dunno)

The use of extreme black clothing (check, +1 for), light colored makeup (sorta? but nothing extreme), unusual hair styles(again sorta), body piercing(nope,(+1 against)), bondage items(uh, dunno but I wouldn't be too surprisedknowing what I know of her, neutral) etc.

A fascination with medieval, Victorian and Edwardian history.(Dunno) (neutral)

Wearing of symbols such as a Christian cross;(sometimes) an Egyptian ankh or "Eye of Ra," or "Eye of Horus;" a Wiccan pentacle, a Satanic inverted pentacle. etc. (none of those) (neutral)

Goths tend to be non-violent, pacifistic, passive, and tolerant.(check on all of those,+4 for it) Many in the media have mistakenly associated Goth with extreme violence and hatred of minorities, white supremacy, etc.

Many Goths write about being depressed. Followers seem sullen and withdrawn, when in public. They are often much more "happy and carefree" in the company of [other] Goths. (Kinda because she is withdrawn when not around A-chan and Nocchi. She says as much in interviews. Also in one of her posts on her blog awhile ago she wrote that the messages she receives on the PTA touch her of how she seems to support some people...and she said something to the effect of "I have my own insecurities, so you support ME with your messages and fan support." Which hints at some personal fears and depression which she also kinda talks about in various 1-on-1 interviews. +1 for)

Researcher Jasin Tamlin comments: "If you take a look at the 640 sites that are listed on the Gothic Web Ring, you will find many of them filled with desperation, depression, anger, hatred, despair and angst. A lot of people turn to the Gothic subculture after having a difficult time in school, feeling alienated, and looking for a way to express themselves that mirrors those feelings. Others find the scene through literature, still others want to be shocking."

(Idk what kinda stuff she deals with in her personal life, but her becoming a bit gothic as described above makes sense how she might cope.)

Goth music often deals with thought-provoking topics, concentrating on societal evils, like racism, war, hatred of groups, etc. (She is a very kind loving person with lots of intelligence so sure. +1 for)

Their music tends to concentrate on the very "nasty, unhappy" topics that "North American culture" wants to "ignore and forget."

A fascination with death. (Lol definitely from the 50 questions interview we know this. +1 for)

They try "to find a different way of thinking about life, like trying to find beauty in life, pain and death. It's all a quest for immortality." (Maybe.)

In contrast, many Goths are optimistic about the future and see much beauty in the world.
(She has been quoted as saying she is a "It will be okay." kinda person. +1 for)

Some Goths enjoy playing role playing games. However, RPGs are not an integral component of Goth culture. It is just that those intellectual and creative challenges that draw them to the Goth scene make them more likely to enjoy RPGs as well. (Cough cough Monster Hunter. +1)

Other interests: writings by authors like Dante (dunno neutral), Byron (dunno neutral ), Tolstoy (dunno neutral); German Expressionist silent films (she likes Germany+0.5 for); writing music (lol her proffesion makes this obvious +1 for); painting, etc. (Maybe but her thing is more photography.)

So, the verdict:

Evidence for:11.5
Evidence against:1

Idk guys make your own assumption lol.
Kashiyuka: "We are the natural Super-Saiyans!"

Nappa: "Vegeta, what does the scouter say about their power levels?"

Vegeta: (3000 for you, for you and for you...) Their...THEIR OVER 9,000!!!!!!
White-Asianboy
Computer Citizen
Computer Citizen

Postby b_ry29 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Maybe you are overthinking it? :shock:

If there was any discussion about her being a "goth", then it might be in one of these threads. Not many to look at either.

As for the photo, here is the short topic discussing it.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6478
Early Perfume Timeline
Suiyoubi no Campanella scans
―― You’re too young for your brain cells to be dying!
A~chan: A~chan’s are already on the way to death!
b_ry29
at the edge
at the edge

Postby rewak » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Those were from a party either launching or celebrating the anniversary of the blonde guys collection, those are his range of clothes so everyone there was wearing his line. She has said in interviews she usually wears black though.
rewak

Postby myAya » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:21 pm

This is sort of like those tests you buy online to see how much of something you are. Like how smart you are, or your psychic reading. I tried those, they're fun.

Maybe Kashi is a goth. I wouldn't mind seeing her in goth makeup and clothes in a profession photo.
everybody knows?

myAya
Electro World native
Electro World native

Postby Tim IRL » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:51 am

As for Kashiyuka, there's something about her bangs that make her stand out.
Tim IRL
Perfect Style Member
Perfect Style Member

Postby myAya » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:38 am

I don't like the bangs that much actually. Her hair in baby crusin love, electro world, monochrome effect, and computer city were better imho.
everybody knows?

myAya
Electro World native
Electro World native

Postby qzock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:27 pm

I would like to comment on the first response in this thread:

I LOVE her forehead.
qzock
Electro World Inhabitant
Electro World Inhabitant

Postby Tim IRL » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:17 am

That pic of Kashiyuka and Tsuboi...let's just say I read mean comments about those two via 2ch.

As for Kashiyuka's purported obsession with Victorian England, it's not all formalities and being prim and proper.

As for the bangs, that's pretty much Kashiyuka's trademark hairstyle now. No bangs equate to a mismatch for her. Her bangs give out an air mystery to others.
Tim IRL
Perfect Style Member
Perfect Style Member

Postby myAya » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:20 pm

everybody knows?

myAya
Electro World native
Electro World native

Postby Tim IRL » Mon May 30, 2016 11:35 pm

During my YouTube web surfs, I notice that FLASH the single Perfume song that YouTube gives a "Recommended for you" note the most.

As I watch the music video, turns out Kashiyuka is opening the video with her vocals.
Tim IRL
Perfect Style Member
Perfect Style Member

Postby myAya » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:31 am

I waas sure it was a chan when i heard it the first time.
everybody knows?

myAya
Electro World native
Electro World native

Postby Tim IRL » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:24 pm

The first solo shot was Kashiyuka.
Tim IRL
Perfect Style Member
Perfect Style Member

Postby Tim IRL » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:51 pm

When I watched a clip from 3:5:6:9, I saw Yuka, shedding tears of joy.
Tim IRL
Perfect Style Member
Perfect Style Member

Postby elevator » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:59 pm

In the wake of A~Chan's radio shows on her own and with her sister, Kashiyuka is starting her own solo mission, writing monthly articles about traditional Japanese items of arts and crafts for a life-style magazine:

https://casabrutus.com/design/68933/2

Apparently her articles will be accessible in English online! :D

elevator
Nakata Fan
Nakata Fan

Previous

Return to Kashino Yuka (Kashiyuka)