Now that Perfume has signed on to Universal Music Japan, obtaining Perfume’s music has become much easier for overseas fans.
Instead of just illegally download all their music, we -overseas fans- can do something to support Perfume.
These are a few steps to follow if you want to support Perfume and don’t know how:
- Download their music and watch their videos. Now you can download Perfume’s music legally off the iTunes Store in 50+ countries (example: Perfume on US iTunes Store). Additionally, many videos from Perfume’s TV/news appearances are uploaded by fans on video sites like YouTube. You can expand your search with queries like パフューム, the members’ names (のっち/あ~ちゃん/かしゆか) or the TV show the appeared in (you can visit the official site to know their schedule).
- Buy CD’s online. As not all of Perfume’s music is available for download legally, importing CD’s from Japan is the best way to show your support as a real fan. Just visit some of the existing japanese music stores – CDJapan, HMV, Amazon, and Yesasia are the established ones and all contribute to Oricon rankings. Sign up, pay with a credit card or Paypal and wait; they ship internationally. It’s not that hard!
- Spread the aroma! Start sharing their music with your friends, write reviews, make a fansite, make a blog entry, post on your social networks, or simply comment in someone’s blog, but make sure everyone knows who they are and how cool is their music.
- Visit Perfume City and the forums! Join in the discussion and talk about Perfume!
- Join the official fanclub, P.T.A. Are you ready for the ultimate sign of devotion? We will have a tutorial coming soon, so stay tuned!
And if you live in Japan, or plan on visiting… enjoy Perfume live!